Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Self Defense classes...

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, I haven't been in any kind of situation like that since high school...

There are a couple of reasons... one, it never hurts to be prepared, and two, I've been lifting weights for years now and I think I'm ready to do a different kind of training/workout.

Good practice would be to go to the beach and pick on sissy surfers.

Especially the ones that don't think they need to be prepared to defend themselves...:D

1 person likes this

Posted

I used to fight competitively when I was a teenager. I have the most patience in the world and absolutely hate fighting. However when I'm out drinking I have a bad habit of pushing the buttons of the agro retards who wander around looking for fights.

Posted

Good practice would be to go to the beach and pick on sissy surfers.

Especially the ones that don't think they need to be prepared to defend themselves...:D

:boxing_smiley:

my pops taught me at a young age, and i had some karate when i was younger. also i can just act like i'm on X again with glowsticks in my hands to fug someone up.

seriously though. i've won my fair share of fights. from peewee football games all the way to college. i just avoid them unless they are absolutely necessary.

Posted

<<<<Irish kickboxer

I've wanted to take Krav for a long time. I also think I need to take some EMT classes as well.

Posted

I'm a grown old fart and have never required self defense....I can sweet talk my way out of anything

Posted

Ideal for self defense

MTF4900.jpg

Posted

What do you recommend? Been thinking about doing that for a long time...

Anything besides that MMA BS where they literally teach you out of the golden rule which is .. never kick a man while he's down .. I can't even watch it on tv because they spend half the fight in the missionary position.

Posted

I'd like to do boxing except I'm 6'5" and I don't think I can put in the work to keep my abs hard enough to absorb blows to my solar plexus and not crumple like a leaf. If a trained boxer ever gets mad at me I'm curling up into a ball.

Posted

and rolling the fug out of there

1 person likes this

Posted

You have two options:

A) Find a local gym. Most gyms that teach any mixed martial art or boxing typically have self-defense oriented classes.

B) Ask Jangler to find one of the 14 year old girls who has a restraining order on him. She should know a place.

Posted

Aikido and Kempo are very practical, Tae Kwon Do not so much.

Posted

hwa rang do if you're a beginner. easy to learn, yet still very effective