Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIR - McNabb?

69 posts in this topic

Posted

Trust me, as a Redskins fan, you dont want him starting all year long, he will make a play or two and has a strong arm, but he's not what he was and Carolina has a good young QB. McNabb should go to a team where he will play all year no questions asked, in Carolina, he will be on a short leash due to the fact Panther fans want to see Newton.

When I want a redskins fan's opinion, I'll pass gas.

Mcnabb can still get it done. I'd be more concerned with him being able to stay healthy for a full season.

Posted

When I want a redskins fan's opinion, I'll pass gas.

Mcnabb can still get it done. I'd be more concerned with him being able to stay healthy for a full season.

and if you want to lose 11 games, sign McNabb. Trust me you do NOT want him to start if you have a young QB, ADD to that, he will NOT come here, i feel he doesnt WANT to come to Carolina. Why go to a team where you will start for one year or less than that????? you dont, you go to a team where you can start all year (Arizona) and not fear losing your job. McNabb is not going to be a panther.

Posted

McNabb would be the man around here. Until Cam gets all his necklaces bought, I think we let Donovan run the show. I know he got shafted pretty royally in DC but then again, nothing new about the Skins fuging things up.

Posted

Did you watch football the last 2 seasons?... I got respect for him, but McNabb is clearly in decline. And there is a big difference between being a first rounder and the first overall pick.

2 years? It was just 1 bad year on a team whose offense wasn't set up for him to succeed. Stop trying to revise history.

Posted

2 years? It was just 1 bad year on a team whose offense wasn't set up for him to succeed. Stop trying to revise history.

you're right, it wasnt 2 years, it was one year, but the issue is McNabb isnt as young as he used to be, he can start for a year or two, but he will likely want to go to a place where he can win in a year and start for 2 years no questions asked, i dont think Carolina fits that bill. Newton will likely start soon.

Posted

you're right, it wasnt 2 years, it was one year, but the issue is McNabb isnt as young as he used to be, he can start for a year or two, but he will likely want to go to a place where he can win in a year and start for 2 years no questions asked, i dont think Carolina fits that bill. Newton will likely start soon.

Agree, i dont know what it is about Mcnabb, Maybe all the injuries, maybe all the ints, Maybe the fact in 10 years he hasnt managed a ring. I just dont want him as a panther.

Posted

McNabb is a sh*tty teammate, why on earth would anyone want him in Carolina? Bad fit, really bad. The stuff he says is so condescending and disingenuous that it's an insult. You would be hard pressed to find a guy in a locker room that would say good things about him except Brian Dawkins and that is just because he is that type of person.

And before you Google Kings go looking for it, I am sure people have said the right things in mid season but he was never a very well liked person in the locker room. There was not one person on that Eagles team that was sad to see him go when he did and I don't think there was one current team member that spoke out against that trade...and there was a reason for it.

ps...I am not McNabb hater....he had a great career with the Eagles and I cheered him on but the truth is the truth.

Posted

McNabb is a sh*tty teammate, why on earth would anyone want him in Carolina? Bad fit, really bad. The stuff he says is so condescending and disingenuous that it's an insult. You would be hard pressed to find a guy in a locker room that would say good things about him except Brian Dawkins and that is just because he is that type of person.

And before you Google Kings go looking for it, I am sure people have said the right things in mid season but he was never a very well liked person in the locker room. There was not one person on that Eagles team that was sad to see him go when he did and I don't think there was one current team member that spoke out against that trade...and there was a reason for it.

ps...I am not McNabb hater....he had a great career with the Eagles and I cheered him on but the truth is the truth.

Its not your fault.:)

1 person likes this

Posted

and if you want to lose 11 games, sign McNabb. Trust me you do NOT want him to start if you have a young QB, ADD to that, he will NOT come here, i feel he doesnt WANT to come to Carolina. Why go to a team where you will start for one year or less than that????? you dont, you go to a team where you can start all year (Arizona) and not fear losing your job. McNabb is not going to be a panther.

Gawd, I love posts like yours...want to know why?

Shows me you don't know poo about football. At the very least, it shows you don't know what you are talking about.

McNabb is a winner. Want proof? Look up his career in philly where he was a consistent winner.

He wouldn't be the reason the panthers lose, if he came to the panthers.

If he came here, he would be the starter this season unless injury takes him out. Rivera would not pull mcnabb just to insert a rookie qb. You must have bumped your head.

There would be zero reason to start cam, as long as mcnabb is healthy. Mcnabb would guide the panthers in the right direction while cam holds the clipboard for a season...or more...learning how to be a pro, and learning about nfl defenses.

The only thing you were possibly right about, is mcnabb prolly doesn't have the panthers on his most desirable destination. That is the beautiful thing about trades, he doesn't get a choice in the matter. You think he wanted to be a redskin? Hell no.

Thanks for posting though..now I know not to take ya seriously.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for your input, as I've always respected your opinion.

That being said, mcnabb would be the best vet qb that the panthers could add. If they can't get him, id rather they just stick with moore.

Anderson doesn't impress me, even with his one good year being with chud.

1 person likes this

Posted

Shows me you don't know poo about football. At the very least, it shows you don't know what you are talking about.

ok, let's see then.

McNabb is a winner. Want proof? Look up his career in philly where he was a consistent winner.

UH OH, here's something false, yeah he was a winner with the Eagles, BUT a winner would have taken a Redskins team to the playoffs, as i recall they missed the playoffs. so saying McNabb is a winner isnt true, he WAS a winner with the Eagles, but with the Skins he sucked. i am not blaming McNabb totally, there were MANY issues, BUT if you think that McNabb will come to Carolina and take this team to the playoffs then i have to disagree. ADD to that, McNabb will have pressure on him with Newton.

He wouldn't be the reason the panthers lose, if he came to the panthers.

Which leads to a main point of mine, WHY would he come here?? i dont think he does, he wants to win and wants to go to a team where he fits, Carolina isnt that team.

If he came here, he would be the starter this season unless injury takes him out. Rivera would not pull mcnabb just to insert a rookie qb. You must have bumped your head.

So, if the team is let's say 3 and 10 and McNabb is having issues, Rivera will leave him in the game!! yearh that's not a wise decision. Kyle Orton was pulled for The Golden Calf of Bristol when the team had a losing record.

There would be zero reason to start cam, as long as mcnabb is healthy. Mcnabb would guide the panthers in the right direction while cam holds the clipboard for a season...or more...learning how to be a pro, and learning about nfl defenses.

i would agree with you here, BUT the fact is i dont see this happening. First off, i dont think McNabb WANTS to go here, Second, i see Newton playing sooner than later, most Number one overall picks play in their rookie year, their are some exceptions (Carson Palmer), but most play at least sometime in the year, the BEST move would be to do this, BUT i dont see McNabb wanting to come here and honestly, i dont see Carolina looking at McNabb, i think they get Volek.

The only thing you were possibly right about, is mcnabb prolly doesn't have the panthers on his most desirable destination. That is the beautiful thing about trades, he doesn't get a choice in the matter. You think he wanted to be a redskin? Hell no.

First off, i dont think the Panthers will trade for him, it could cost them a 5th or 6th round pick and i dont know if they even want him, 2nd he DID want to be a Redskin (at the time). The Eagles COULD'VE traded him to Oakland, but HE shot that one down and approved of a Redskin trade.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for your input, as I've always respected your opinion.

That being said, mcnabb would be the best vet qb that the panthers could add. If they can't get him, id rather they just stick with moore.

Anderson doesn't impress me, even with his one good year being with chud.