Photo
- - - - -

How bout them tar heels

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

they looked pretty darn good today even if it was georgia tech they played against.

#2 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:49 PM

NC State looked really good against GT too... which really says more about the Yellow Jackets than anything..

#3 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

NC State looked really good against GT too... which really says more about the Yellow Jackets than anything..

Really? I thought GT and NC State both looked pretty bad when they played each other.

#4 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

Nice win, but I was expecting that...I was encouraged by the overall play of the bench, and the tenacity of Hansbrough to get things going again down low.

#5 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:29 PM

a better statistic for you would be to say that they are 1-13 in conference. But for the record yes georgia tech and nc state both suck.

#6 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

Nice win, but I was expecting that...I was encouraged by the overall play of the bench, and the tenacity of Hansbrough to get things going again down low.

I was happy with the bench play as well, but I think our defense looked halfway decent today too.

#7 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

It was a good win any way you slice it. I was very disappointed in Drew II though. Not that he's ever really impressed me, but other than one good assist, he looked like he didn't belong on the same floor with his teammates.

#8 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:39 PM

It was a good win any way you slice it. I was very disappointed in Drew II though. Not that he's ever really impressed me, but other than one good assist, he looked like he didn't belong on the same floor with his teammates.

He will be solid before he's done. I don't ever really have high expectations for freshmen, as they usually screw the pooch a little too much for my taste.

#9 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:57 PM

He will be solid before he's done. I don't ever really have high expectations for freshmen, as they usually screw the pooch a little too much for my taste.

I hope you're right. I gotta say though...I haven't seen any improvement at all yet.

#10 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

Really? I thought GT and NC State both looked pretty bad when they played each other.

The first time they played, in Raleigh, it was pretty ugly, but when they played in Atlanta State pretty much dominated that game.

#11 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

[quote name='PlayMoore!']a better statistic for you would be to say that they are 1-13 in conference. But for the record yes georgia tech and nc state both suck.[/QUOTE]

The homer in me says I should defend State, but there's really no way to argue against this fact.

#12 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

I hope you're right. I gotta say though...I haven't seen any improvement at all yet.

To this point, you are correct...I think it's hard when you are playing limited minutes behind someone like Lawson, though. The kid has the handle and speed to be pretty good. We will see how he progresses over the summer.

#13 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:58 PM

I don't want to sound like a typical UNC fan, but when this team is on offense I feel like I am watching an NBA game. I mean to see Thompson just do a simple trun around fade and sink it. I still hate our defense, seems like when they play teams that they are expected to beat by 20 pts they slack off on defense, and that's what we saw in the first 10 minutes.

Now granted they only gave up 75, but you look at that home game against Maryland, what did they give up like 85 pts, can't really remember, but this defense has to be more consistent if they want to lift up the hardware.

#14 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:57 PM

I don't want to sound like a typical UNC fan, but when this team is on offense I feel like I am watching an NBA game. I mean to see Thompson just do a simple trun around fade and sink it. I still hate our defense, seems like when they play teams that they are expected to beat by 20 pts they slack off on defense, and that's what we saw in the first 10 minutes.

Now granted they only gave up 75, but you look at that home game against Maryland, what did they give up like 85 pts, can't really remember, but this defense has to be more consistent if they want to lift up the hardware.

I mean no disrespect by this but please never compare a college basketball game to an nba game again.

#15 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

I mean no disrespect by this but please never compare a college basketball game to an nba game again.

Alright I need to get something off my chest here, because I have been having this argument with my brother and my friends for awhile now.

UNC or UCONN for that matter could beat the Pacers or Kings or any of the bottom/crappy NBA teams. It just takes one bad day on the NBA team's side for UNC to win. Now I am not saying they would go out there on the first try and kick the crap out of them, but on any given day, the best college team would beat the worst NBA team.

And to say that the college team would not be able to stop them from scoring is just outrageous.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com