Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So are you helping the greater good right now?

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Good news about your job!

Thanks, although I hope I am not jumping the gun. Nothing official has been announced yet, but its certainly looking better than it was in October.

Posted · Report post

That bum was probably Jesus in disguise. :(

I hope so, cause if there isn't Monopoly in heaven, I don't wanna go.

Posted · Report post

I really only care about my immediate family...Might sound selfish, but at the end of the day, they're all that matter to me, and matter little to anyone else.

And, let's face it, we're not far from anarchy as it is...Just witness what it gets like when there is a gas shortage, or if a natural disaster screws the system up...It becomes every man for himself.

http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_what-monkeysphere.html

Posted · Report post

We are nowhere near anarchy. Somalia is Anarchy, we just have a few disgruntled types.

Posted · Report post

I'm having a wedding so I'd say that throws a good chunk of change into the economy...And the honeymoon in Hawaii should do some good as well. I'm in the banking industry but it looks like I'll make it through this if things don't get really bad. I'm trying to do my part to continue spending as I normally would despite the sometimes overwhelming fear of needing to save every penny "just in case' trying to take over. That's not to say that I'm not attempting to at least squirrel away a little bit more than before these days. :piggy:

Posted · Report post

Yesterday I won an auction for a sweet autographed Panthers football, and all the money went to my g/f's church and their projects. Not bad for a Jesus bashing scumbag.

Posted · Report post

my g/f's church and their projects.

Doesn't seem like that's contributing to the greater good especially coming from someone who seems to hold churches in the same contempt that I, myself, do. But way to go! Hope she "paid" you back :P

Posted · Report post

Ah, they build stuff for poor people or something. Yeah, overall it's not really something I am really in agreement with because of the strings attached...but it is a killer signed ball

Posted · Report post

I took a big ass box of stuff to Goodwill...no, wait...ok..so it's still in the back of my car..but it's there...I just keep forgetting to drop it off :lol:

Posted · Report post

sooo.... this thread isn't about Utilitarianism? ok..

Posted · Report post

I took a big ass box of stuff to Goodwill...no, wait...ok..so it's still in the back of my car..but it's there...I just keep forgetting to drop it off :lol:

Don't forget to get a receipt. Sometimes they'll give you multiple blank receipts.

Posted · Report post

sooo.... this thread isn't about Utilitarianism? ok..

define utilitarianism... :D