Photo
- - - - -

So are you helping the greater good right now?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#16 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,501 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

We are nowhere near anarchy. Somalia is Anarchy, we just have a few disgruntled types.

#17 Ounce

Ounce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:38 PM

I'm having a wedding so I'd say that throws a good chunk of change into the economy...And the honeymoon in Hawaii should do some good as well. I'm in the banking industry but it looks like I'll make it through this if things don't get really bad. I'm trying to do my part to continue spending as I normally would despite the sometimes overwhelming fear of needing to save every penny "just in case' trying to take over. That's not to say that I'm not attempting to at least squirrel away a little bit more than before these days. :piggy:

#18 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,774 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:00 AM

Yesterday I won an auction for a sweet autographed Panthers football, and all the money went to my g/f's church and their projects. Not bad for a Jesus bashing scumbag.

#19 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:57 PM

my g/f's church and their projects.

Doesn't seem like that's contributing to the greater good especially coming from someone who seems to hold churches in the same contempt that I, myself, do. But way to go! Hope she "paid" you back :P

#20 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,774 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

Ah, they build stuff for poor people or something. Yeah, overall it's not really something I am really in agreement with because of the strings attached...but it is a killer signed ball

#21 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

I took a big ass box of stuff to Goodwill...no, wait...ok..so it's still in the back of my car..but it's there...I just keep forgetting to drop it off :lol:

#22 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

............chicken wire?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

sooo.... this thread isn't about Utilitarianism? ok..

#23 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:36 PM

I took a big ass box of stuff to Goodwill...no, wait...ok..so it's still in the back of my car..but it's there...I just keep forgetting to drop it off :lol:

Don't forget to get a receipt. Sometimes they'll give you multiple blank receipts.

#24 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:47 AM

sooo.... this thread isn't about Utilitarianism? ok..

define utilitarianism... :D

#25 tattoorhino

tattoorhino

Follower of Christ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:37 AM

I was out till 1am Sunday night feeding the homeless in 8 inches of snow. Helped get a homeless guy in a whhelchair to the hospital who would have probably died had we not been there, got up this morning and served hot soup and handed bags of food, gloves, and socks to 18 different homeless people. Bought my wife and daughter lunch, rented some movies, drove my truck up and down our road so the nieghbors would be able to get out, reserved my hotel for my biggest loser callback Wed. Overall a pretty good last few days.

#26 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,005 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:01 AM

way to go rhino..
again guys, this isnt about tooting ones own horn as much as generating ideas and trying to stem the tide of tough times for others..
its similar to what Casey Stengall would say.."hitting and pitching are contagious"

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com