Photo
- - - - -

The Obama Revolution: Paid for by the people.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#16 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,923 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:20 PM

Barney Frank must have blown a lot of guys to somehow singlehandedly bring down the nations banking system.

He was the CEO of Fannie Mae. He oversaw everything. He knew this was going to happen back last summer, and he didnt say zilch about it. He continued to let people invest in the company knowing they were throwing their money away. The Republicans tried time and time again to enforce legislation on regulating the activity of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, but the dems constantly voted it down (since they have the majority), thus enabling these corporations to continue making bad loans. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had these politicians on the payroll. They knew exactly what was going on. Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Gregory Meeks, Franklin Raines, Artur Davis, Maxine Waters, theyre all criminals and should be thrown in jail.

#17 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:23 PM

You really don't have a clue, do you?

#18 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,148 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:25 PM

He was the CEO of Fannie Mae. He oversaw everything. He knew this was going to happen back last summer, and he didnt say zilch about it. He continued to let people invest in the company knowing they were throwing their money away. The Republicans tried time and time again to enforce legislation on regulating the activity of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, but the dems constantly voted it down (since they have the majority), thus enabling these corporations to continue making bad loans. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had these politicians on the payroll. They knew exactly what was going on. Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Gregory Meeks, Franklin Raines, Artur Davis, Maxine Waters, theyre all criminals and should be thrown in jail.

Thats news to me

#19 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:25 PM

I wonder how the "inventors of democracy" our founding fathers would have reacted to this...

Dude get real. Due to the Patriot Act, our intelligence agencies were able to counteract hundreds of terrorist operations before they had taken place. This Act had saved thousands of lives as well as preventing anymore damage and destruction on American soil. Yea, pretty impressive.

If youre not up to illegal poo that you shouldnt be up to in the first place, then you have nothing to worry about.

#20 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

Thats news to me

Well he is. Watch this though. It is actual C-SPAN footage from the hearings on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. You might learn something ;)

[ame][/ame]

Edited by venom, 02 March 2009 - 10:30 PM.

#21 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,148 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

Dude get real. Due to the Patriot Act, our intelligence agencies were able to counteract hundreds of terrorist operations before they had taken place. This Act had saved thousands of lives as well as preventing anymore damage and destruction on American soil. Yea, pretty impressive.

News from 30 minutes ago...Enjoy the read!

"The Justice Department released nine legal opinions showing that, following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the Bush administration determined that certain constitutional rights would not apply during the coming fight. Within two weeks, government lawyers were already discussing ways to wiretap U.S. conversations without warrants."

"The legal memos written by the Bush administration's Office of Legal Counsel show a government grappling with how to wage war on terrorism in a fast-changing world. The conclusion, reiterated in page after page of documents, was that the president had broad authority to set aside constitutional rights."

http://news.yahoo.co...pe/terror_memos

If youre not up to illegal sh*t that you shouldnt be up to in the first place, then you have nothing to worry about.

That's your defense?

#22 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,148 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:32 PM

Well he is. Watch this though. It is actual C-SPAN footage from the hearings on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. You might learn something ;)

So where does it say he's the CEO like you stated? Or are you working under the guise of throwing enough poo against the wall with the hopes of something sticking.

#23 CarolinaSock

CarolinaSock

• ALL-PRO
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:01 PM

I have agreed that Bush's spending was out of control. However, under the Bush Tax Cuts business' were able to thrive and the economy had generated twice as much revenue as Clinton had during his tenure. Due to Bush's foreign policy and the passing of the Patriot Act, the CIA and FBI were able to prevent thousands of terrorist acts on US soil from happening, thus saving thousands of lives. And let's not forget about the liberation of the Iraqi people, freeing them from their own dictator who had killed thousands of his own people. I would say these are all good things, in light of Bush's bad spending habbit.

If anyone was irritated by Bush's spending habits, there is absolutely no reason for you to not be furious about Obama's spending frenzy. He is spending money that doesnt even exist yet. We dont have the money to pay for any of this. He's bankrupting the future for generations to come. Why can nobody see this.

I'd love to see some real numbers and sources behind this double revenue claim.

I don't recall a whole mess of terrorist attacks under any president before Bush either.

There is still a laundry list of despots out their killing their own people, they just don't happen to be sitting on oil so we can ignore them. Also, 90,000+ civilians killed in Iraq since the start of the war. Was Saddam snuffing out 10k a year?

#24 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:15 PM

So where does it say he's the CEO like you stated? Or are you working under the guise of throwing enough sh*t against the wall with the hopes of something sticking.

Ok ok ok you got me. It's a first, and it wont happen again. Ha!

I didnt mean to say CEO. He's the Chairman of Financial Services, he was in charge of overlooking all of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's book-keeping.

Anyways, yes. The Dems are to balme for the collapse.

#25 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,767 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:10 AM

Ok ok ok you got me. It's a first, and it wont happen again. Ha!

I didnt mean to say CEO. He's the Chairman of Financial Services, he was in charge of overlooking all of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's book-keeping.

Anyways, yes. The Dems are to balme for the collapse.

explain please.

#26 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:52 AM

explain please.

It's been explained in this thread by myself numerous times. There is also a video posted which backs up what i said. Go take a peek.

#27 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:20 AM

Don't click it, hes Rickrolling you!

#28 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER