70 replies to this topic

#16 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,346 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

Deangelo is the best runningback in the NFL so he should be the most sought after free agent.

Don't know if he's the best, but he's certainly better than Ahmad friggin Bradshaw...

#17 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

I would love to get Brandon Mebane, Braylon Edwards and Jonathan Joseph...

Catman would you take your pick of 2 out of those 3 if that meant we would have to lose CJ?

#18 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:17 PM

I actually think bringing SS from NY would be a good idea. Or Braylon.

I just want another WR that has seen some games.

edit: Or Lance Moore. If we intent on keeping our SS as the number 1, which we should, Moore would be an excellent slot receiver.

Dude I have seen a lot of "experts" and "analysts" claim that WR is at the top of our needs. I don't see it. Just proof that those idiots don't watch Panther games. However, I will agree that if Smitty bolts outta town then WR will be at the top. They'd have to bring a veteran in. Braylon would be great...

But if Smitty sticks around (and for the record I think he will), bringing in a guy like Moore would just hinder the development of Gettis and LaFell.

#19 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

Deangelo is the best runningback in the NFL so he should be the most sought after free agent.

Fug yeah. This is kind of fan support I'm talking about. You guys need to stop being humble about our players. They don't get the respect they deserve anyway.

#20 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

Dude I have seen a lot of "experts" and "analysts" claim that WR is at the top of our needs. I don't see it. Just proof that those idiots don't watch Panther games. However, I will agree that if Smitty bolts outta town then WR will be at the top. They'd have to bring a veteran in. Braylon would be great...

But if Smitty sticks around (and for the record I think he will), bringing in a guy like Moore would just hinder the development of Gettis and LaFell.

True, I wouldn't say WR is at the top of our needs, but regardless of who starts, our QB's need weapons.

And who is to say Lafell even pans out? Or AE? There needs to be competition. Smitty doesn't want to be the number 1, and might be gone this season, or the next. Someone needs to step up. Who is to say Gettis or Lafell take on that role when they don't have anyone to battle for the job?

AE probably has 1 more season left or he is a bust. Entering the season with a disgruntled smitty not wanting to be the #1, and unproven Gettis and Lafell, plus a rookie and converted QB as our WR corps?

To me, it is asking for trouble not to have another proven WR.

#21 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

I mean I love the potential w/ Gettis and LaFell but I'd be an idiot not to approve of bringing in Braylon. Don't want Moore though.

#22 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:40 PM

If Smitty stays then I think the current WR depth chart is pretty good. Very young, but talent wise pretty good. I'd maybe sign a mid tier FA, someone on the back end of their career who can still play but also be a guy that the young ones can learn from and not feel their future is being threatened.

So basically we need to get Ricky Proehl a jersey.

Edited by OneBadassCat, 11 July 2011 - 07:42 PM.

#23 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,346 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

Catman would you take your pick of 2 out of those 3 if that meant we would have to lose CJ?

Nope, would value keeping CJ higher than any of those guys - Mebane would be first priority after we locked up CJ... then Jonathan Joseph.

#24 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,916 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:06 PM

I'd be willing to let go of Anderson for more help. Our LB core is just the best asset this team has.

#25 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

conner>anderson

#26 ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Cunning Linguist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

We are going to be under the cap by around 70 million by what nfl radio was talking about. They could keep everybody if they wanted to. They will have to pay CJ and DWill a good bit. I can see what happened to will witherspoon happening to anderson. I dont think they will pay him what he will want. Before i would pay dwill i would take care of beason and kalil. Our other rb's could do fine if our passing game improves. If smitty leaves... They HAVE to get a number one in there. Nobody knows how the other wr's really are. I could see a wr, dt, and maybe a cb is marshall goes being in the mix for our FA's.

#27 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

Don't compare 'Spoon to JA.

#28 ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Cunning Linguist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

Don't compare 'Spoon to JA.

not comparing skill... just the situation

#29 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

gotcha

#30 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:01 PM

Yea I totally see why everyone is on the B. Edwards band wagon... He CLEARLY has the best hands in the league. May even be the posession receiver of our time...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com