Photo
- - - - -

Top 51 FA's according to PFF

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

#25 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

conner>anderson

#26 ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Cunning Linguist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

We are going to be under the cap by around 70 million by what nfl radio was talking about. They could keep everybody if they wanted to. They will have to pay CJ and DWill a good bit. I can see what happened to will witherspoon happening to anderson. I dont think they will pay him what he will want. Before i would pay dwill i would take care of beason and kalil. Our other rb's could do fine if our passing game improves. If smitty leaves... They HAVE to get a number one in there. Nobody knows how the other wr's really are. I could see a wr, dt, and maybe a cb is marshall goes being in the mix for our FA's.

#27 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

Don't compare 'Spoon to JA.

#28 ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Cunning Linguist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

Don't compare 'Spoon to JA.

not comparing skill... just the situation

#29 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

gotcha

#30 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:01 PM

Yea I totally see why everyone is on the B. Edwards band wagon... He CLEARLY has the best hands in the league. May even be the posession receiver of our time...

#31 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

woah woah woah...easy killer

#32 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

I would love to get Brandon Mebane, Braylon Edwards and Jonathan Joseph...

Every time I see a name like Braylon Edwards, my first thought is "the Panthers wouldn't sign a jerk like that". Then I have to remind myself that was under Fox.

It'll take some getting used to.

#33 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

I'm personally in the minority from what I've read in this thread... I do NOT want to EVER see Braylon Edwards in a Panthers Jersey.... He was a one year wonder... Hasn't done shyit since then and probably won't. I dont want us over spending on a Wide Out who thinks he's the next best thing.

Last I checked, we have bigger holes at more dire need of help. We have a plethora of options at WR... This can wait a year.... If this team is gonna go out and get a WR, then the holes need to be filled first...

IF... And only if those holes have been filled, then and only then am I for going after a WR... And I'd hope that we went after somebody better than Braylon "I drop more balls than T.O." Edwards...

Of course that's just my opinion

#34 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

I'm personally in the minority from what I've read in this thread... I do NOT want to EVER see Braylon Edwards in a Panthers Jersey.... He was a one year wonder... Hasn't done shyit since then and probably won't. I dont want us over spending on a Wide Out who thinks he's the next best thing.

Last I checked, we have bigger holes at more dire need of help. We have a plethora of options at WR... This can wait a year.... If this team is gonna go out and get a WR, then the holes need to be filled first...

IF... And only if those holes have been filled, then and only then am I for going after a WR... And I'd hope that we went after somebody better than Braylon "I drop more balls than T.O." Edwards...

But remember, he was a one year wonder under our new OC...

#35 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

The Edwards speculation is based on Chudzinski being the OC and the idea that he would know how to fix him and make him a better pro receiver.

Valid? Don't know. Reasonable logic, at least.

#36 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

HUDDLER

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

But remember, he was a one year wonder under our new OC...

True... But do u want to get into a bidding war with him and he leads the league in drops again? I'd rather have Plax personally. Plax over Edwards.

Cheddar Bob can at least catch...

Edit: I think we've done enough for our offense this offseason...
(with the exception of signing our FA's)

We have a rookie QB that will make mistakes... I'd much rather them go out and sure us up at CB,DT, and safety...
Our defense is gonna need all the help they can get... The coaching will be there, we need help with getting some personnel though.

For what it's worth

Edited by TruCatzFan, 11 July 2011 - 09:32 PM.