• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,411 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

Refs must have been to busy watching the cheerleaders or something.

Scheyer started out in the lane, was 4-5 feet away from the lane by the time the play ended, but didn't dribble once.

I don't really care that much about the outcome, but the head of officials definitely needs to review piece of tape. How could three refs miss it?

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 28 February 2009 - 07:25 PM.

#2 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

I agree completely... He seriously walked 3 times on that one play. Other than that, Duke drew what 8 offensive fouls against them? Some were legit I'm not arguing that but VT was flopping just as much and I don't think they drew a single one. (I didn't look at the stats but if they did draw any it was just one or two which is nothing compared to what duke drew)

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,411 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:40 PM

FWIW, I wasn't really calling out Duke. I think VT got away with some interior fouls, although nothing as obvious as that. And I am not really a believer in conspiracies and duke refs and all that.

But when a crew misses something that obvious, they need to be called on it.

#4 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

I think the refs were more interested to see if he'd have any new Scheyerfaces.

#5 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

FWIW, I wasn't really calling out Duke. I think VT got away with some interior fouls, although nothing as obvious as that. And I am not really a believer in conspiracies and duke refs and all that.

But when a crew misses something that obvious, they need to be called on it.

you mean like a charge ad got when a duke player was still moving in the lane. sure...........

screw those refs again. and when are they gona call a moving screen against duke? how many times can singler and co just keep moving through a defender while setting a screen?

also when he went to the line later there was a lane violation that the refs called on the court and then decided to let it go (actually on the ft in the youtube clip).

Edited by chbright, 28 February 2009 - 09:34 PM.

#6 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

Saw that live, these things happen in every single game, to say that it was just another "duke" call is wrong.

#7 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

Saw that live, these things happen in every single game, to say that it was just another "duke" call is wrong.

3 walks in 5 sec happen every single game:smilielol5:

#8 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

He got whacked across the arms three or four times on that play also. Don't here you complaining that there wasnt a foul called. But yea it was a walk HATERS!!

#9 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:47 AM

A pleasantly surprising post. Thanks.

#10 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:06 AM

most refs kowtow to coach rat but that was especially bad

im not surprised at all though. coach splinter has worked his whole career to have it like this

#11 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,411 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:08 AM

I have been watching ACC basketball since 1975, and imo, missed calls like that certainly don't happen in every game.

#12 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,411 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:12 AM

He got whacked across the arms three or four times on that play also. Don't here you complaining that there wasnt a foul called. But yea it was a walk HATERS!!

He wasn't whacked, although they did hit his arm on a couple of times. Refs will generally allow teams to get away with that when a player is trapped. Picking up the pivot foot in that manor is almost never allowed. The only reason I can think of that it was allowed in this case is that refs got caught up in an exciting game, and were spectators instead of refs.

The league needs to call them on it.

#13 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:25 AM

I've been screamin about it for years. Thank God for Youtube...That crew should all be out of work today. Hey, there was another just like that from McBob a few years ago. Disturbing really.

#14 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:08 AM

That was pretty blatant though. God knows everybody would be piling on if that was Hansbrough, so I have no sympathy for the dookies.

#15 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:56 AM

Did he walk? absolutly but if you are a tarhole fan please dont complain about Duke getting calls. "Pyscho T" has been forcing contact for 4 yrs and rarely is the foul called on him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.