Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Talked about missed calls

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Of course people play physical with tyler. he doesnt give then any choice constantly bulling into everyone like he does. I just find it amusing you are all so up in arms about a obvious blown call against Duke when UNC gets that same treatment as well. I have no problem admitting Duke gets calls all the time, but if there number one in that regard UNC is 1A.. Just for the record there was not a foul called on that play a timeout was called. Maybe the ref was late granting the TO coach K called so the walk shouldnt have counted anyways. Im not saying thats the fact just saying if everyone was watching the play he coulda been calling a TO for a good 10 seconds before it was recognized

Of course Hansbrough gets calls, not even a question. He also doesn't get calls as he gets' the equivalent of a heavy weight fight every time he plays. That's just his style. Water flows both ways...

Posted

That guy should be suspended. The refs missed it, but dook flops so much, if they just saw Singler hit the deck, then nothing is really out of sorts there.

But, as for Hansbrough. I saw a montage of muggery on that guy a year ago...Wish I had it, or remember where I saw it...He gives and gets. And there are many no-calls with regard to that contact. Hansbrough is a bad example with this argument. Simply for the fact that every bit of evidence that shows him committing a foul or traveling, you can find video of him being assaulted.

But what infuriates me with regard to NC is watching Ty Lawson get tackled against Maryland, or hacked as he flies by someone, and no call.

Posted

The walk was bad, i'd say it had more to do with the refs watching for the tie up or a foul rather than focusing on the pivot foot

but, lmao at the tarheel fans complaining about Duke getting away with some calls. Please watch Hansbrough's footwork, objectively, for just one game....Please

Posted

The walk was bad, i'd say it had more to do with the refs watching for the tie up or a foul rather than focusing on the pivot foot

but, lmao at the tarheel fans complaining about Duke getting away with some calls. Please watch Hansbrough's footwork, objectively, for just one game....Please

Nobody is complaining...just pointing out the hypocrisy of those Duke fans who constantly complain about Hansbrough.:thumbsup:

Posted

Nobody is complaining...just pointing out the hypocrisy of those Duke fans who constantly complain about Hansbrough.:thumbsup:

No worries man, just making a statement.

Refs are humans who make mistakes, its never going to change, and quite honestly I hope it doesn't. It gives us all a little something extra to piss and moan about.

Posted

Refs are humans who make mistakes, its never going to change, and quite honestly I hope it doesn't. It gives us all a little something extra to piss and moan about.

Fair enough. For the record though, it was a Wake fan that started this thread anyway.

Can't wait til Sunday!

Posted

There was also a nice youtube clip about a year ago of Hansbrough's footwork on the called travels...And low and behold, only a few were valid. People confuse jump stopping with traveling...It's not.

Posted

We all make mistakes, no doubt about it. I generally don't complain about most of the mistakes ref's make. But I think that a ref, just like anyone else doing a job, should be called on the carpet for glaring mistakes. Doesn't matter if the jersey reads Duke or UNC or NCSU. Or even Wake, (although that one doesn't bother me as much :))

Posted

There was also a nice youtube clip about a year ago of Hansbrough's footwork on the called travels...And low and behold, only a few were valid. People confuse jump stopping with traveling...It's not.

[ame]

[/ame]

Im not confused watching that video. Are you? Let's go a little bit more in depth. Read this article, the whole article, dont skim it. It explains how the numbers dont lie that Duke doesn't get all the calls in the country or even the ACC.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/sioncampus/03/03/mythbusters/index.html

Now obviously Email walked and Jon walked. But just last night I saw Teague fall to the floor at Maryland, no contact what so ever, clearly a walk, but they call a foul on Maryland. Point is, it happens all the time in games. Everyone on here makes a big deal out of it because its Duke and you all hate Duke.

There are bad calls every single game in college basketball. It sucks, but it happens and has been happening for years, to all teams, not just teams playing against Duke.

Posted

Im not confused watching that video. Are you? Let's go a little bit more in depth. Read this article, the whole article, dont skim it. It explains how the numbers dont lie that Duke doesn't get all the calls in the country or even the ACC.

Now obviously Email walked and Jon walked. But just last night I saw Teague fall to the floor at Maryland, no contact what so ever, clearly a walk, but they call a foul on Maryland. Point is, it happens all the time in games. Everyone on here makes a big deal out of it because its Duke and you all hate Duke.

There are bad calls every single game in college basketball. It sucks, but it happens and has been happening for years, to all teams, not just teams playing against Duke.

That was a walk and should've been called...It mattered little to the outcome of that game as UNC crushed them...ALL WALKS should be called. But, you are allowed to pivot constantly on the same foot. One of those clips showed just that, and Knight was counting steps. I can pivot on one foot and many ways as I want as long as the foot remains in one place, and the jump stop is NOT a travel.

Posted

That was a walk and should've been called...It mattered little to the outcome of that game as UNC crushed them...ALL WALKS should be called. But, you are allowed to pivot constantly on the same foot. One of those clips showed just that, and Knight was counting steps. I can pivot on one foot and many ways as I want as long as the foot remains in one place, and the jump stop is NOT a travel.

And what do the Dookies think about the recent Laettner revelation in which he admitted what we all knew about K's philosophy of having every player foul so much in the beginning of games, that the refs can't possible call them all. Total bastardization of the game.

Posted

I agree, Knight although he is Bob Knight was counting too many steps, you can step with the free foot all you want as long as the pivot foot doesn't move.

Anyways, the officials can't call every walk that happens or the game would never end. That video showed the post, when guys on the perimeter catch the ball and immediately start a drive, if you watch it in slow-mo you will see that they walk 9/10 times. A call that also is never called that I would like to see (yes my tar heels do it too) is when players drive, they use their free hand to push off and it is rare that this gets called. Every team does this and I would like to see the officials start to call it once in a while. That one little push gives you a huge advantage.