• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:51 PM

There was also a nice youtube clip about a year ago of Hansbrough's footwork on the called travels...And low and behold, only a few were valid. People confuse jump stopping with traveling...It's not.

#32 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

No worries man, just making a statement.

Refs are humans who make mistakes, its never going to change, and quite honestly I hope it doesn't. It gives us all a little something extra to piss and moan about.

We all make mistakes, no doubt about it. I generally don't complain about most of the mistakes ref's make. But I think that a ref, just like anyone else doing a job, should be called on the carpet for glaring mistakes. Doesn't matter if the jersey reads Duke or UNC or NCSU. Or even Wake, (although that one doesn't bother me as much :))

#33 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:51 AM

There was also a nice youtube clip about a year ago of Hansbrough's footwork on the called travels...And low and behold, only a few were valid. People confuse jump stopping with traveling...It's not.

[ame][/ame]

Im not confused watching that video. Are you? Let's go a little bit more in depth. Read this article, the whole article, dont skim it. It explains how the numbers dont lie that Duke doesn't get all the calls in the country or even the ACC.

http://sportsillustr...ters/index.html

Now obviously Email walked and Jon walked. But just last night I saw Teague fall to the floor at Maryland, no contact what so ever, clearly a walk, but they call a foul on Maryland. Point is, it happens all the time in games. Everyone on here makes a big deal out of it because its Duke and you all hate Duke.

There are bad calls every single game in college basketball. It sucks, but it happens and has been happening for years, to all teams, not just teams playing against Duke.

#34 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

Im not confused watching that video. Are you? Let's go a little bit more in depth. Read this article, the whole article, dont skim it. It explains how the numbers dont lie that Duke doesn't get all the calls in the country or even the ACC.

Now obviously Email walked and Jon walked. But just last night I saw Teague fall to the floor at Maryland, no contact what so ever, clearly a walk, but they call a foul on Maryland. Point is, it happens all the time in games. Everyone on here makes a big deal out of it because its Duke and you all hate Duke.

There are bad calls every single game in college basketball. It sucks, but it happens and has been happening for years, to all teams, not just teams playing against Duke.

That was a walk and should've been called...It mattered little to the outcome of that game as UNC crushed them...ALL WALKS should be called. But, you are allowed to pivot constantly on the same foot. One of those clips showed just that, and Knight was counting steps. I can pivot on one foot and many ways as I want as long as the foot remains in one place, and the jump stop is NOT a travel.

#35 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

That was a walk and should've been called...It mattered little to the outcome of that game as UNC crushed them...ALL WALKS should be called. But, you are allowed to pivot constantly on the same foot. One of those clips showed just that, and Knight was counting steps. I can pivot on one foot and many ways as I want as long as the foot remains in one place, and the jump stop is NOT a travel.

And what do the Dookies think about the recent Laettner revelation in which he admitted what we all knew about K's philosophy of having every player foul so much in the beginning of games, that the refs can't possible call them all. Total bastardization of the game.

#36 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

I agree, Knight although he is Bob Knight was counting too many steps, you can step with the free foot all you want as long as the pivot foot doesn't move.

Anyways, the officials can't call every walk that happens or the game would never end. That video showed the post, when guys on the perimeter catch the ball and immediately start a drive, if you watch it in slow-mo you will see that they walk 9/10 times. A call that also is never called that I would like to see (yes my tar heels do it too) is when players drive, they use their free hand to push off and it is rare that this gets called. Every team does this and I would like to see the officials start to call it once in a while. That one little push gives you a huge advantage.

#37 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

I agree, Knight although he is Bob Knight was counting too many steps, you can step with the free foot all you want as long as the pivot foot doesn't move.

Anyways, the officials can't call every walk that happens or the game would never end. That video showed the post, when guys on the perimeter catch the ball and immediately start a drive, if you watch it in slow-mo you will see that they walk 9/10 times. A call that also is never called that I would like to see (yes my tar heels do it too) is when players drive, they use their free hand to push off and it is rare that this gets called. Every team does this and I would like to see the officials start to call it once in a while. That one little push gives you a huge advantage.

This is my point, you can sit down and analyze every game and there are missed calls, its not just games in which Duke is playing....

#38 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

And what do the Dookies think about the recent Laettner revelation in which he admitted what we all knew about K's philosophy of having every player foul so much in the beginning of games, that the refs can't possible call them all. Total bastardization of the game.

Yeah you know what, I have been thinking long and hard about all this. I was just blinded by my love for Duke basketball. (I will add the joke here, its too easy, I'm gay right cause I like Duke and they are all gay right??) Anyway, I was blinded and now I can see, thanks to the help of Htar and many like him who can see college basketball through the most unbiased glasses of all. Duke has been winning for years, with the help of the refs and Coach K's ability to manipulate players into cheating.

My question is, how was Duke not able to win the National Championship all these years, if they have all this help and its all fixed?? I mean 2001 was awhile ago, lets pull some more strings Mike.

#39 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

Yeah you know what, I have been thinking long and hard about all this. I was just blinded by my love for Duke basketball. (I will add the joke here, its too easy, I'm gay right cause I like Duke and they are all gay right??) Anyway, I was blinded and now I can see, thanks to the help of Htar and many like him who can see college basketball through the most unbiased glasses of all. Duke has been winning for years, with the help of the refs and Coach K's ability to manipulate players into cheating.

My question is, how was Duke not able to win the National Championship all these years, if they have all this help and its all fixed?? I mean 2001 was awhile ago, lets pull some more strings Mike.

Coach K doesn't manipulate players into cheating, he just teaches them how to fall down alot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com