95 replies to this topic

#1 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:30 PM

When Hollywood is accused of being a stage for liberal ideology, raging liberals will scoff and laugh at the notion, saying that the idea that one school of political thought dominates the media industry is wild imagination.

Well, finally, we have some substantial recorded evidence from many high level film executives that what we've all seen on the big screen as subtle liberal indoctrination, is actually the product of an insidious AGENDA for poltical influence.

http://www.hollywood...terviews-193116

The Hollywood Reporter obtained several of the not-yet-released clips, embedded below. Each contains a snippet of an interview, usually some historical footage of the TV shows the interviewee was responsible for and, naturally, a plea to purchase the book, “Primetime Propaganda” by Ben Shapiro and published by Broad Side, an imprint of HarperCollins.

In one video, Friends co-creator Marta Kauffman says that when she cast Candace Gingrich-Jones, half-sister of Republican former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, as the minister of a lesbian wedding, “There was a bit of ‘fug you’ in it to the right wing.”

Kauffman also acknowledges she “put together a staff of mostly liberal people,” which is another major point of Shapiro’s book: that conservatives aren’t welcome in Hollywood.

Maybe that’s because they’re “idiots” and have “medieval minds.” At least that’s what Soap and Golden Girls creator Susan Harris thinks of TV’s conservative critics.

However, the ranks of dumb right-wingers has dwindled, according to Harris, whose video has her saying: “At least, you know, we put Obama in office, and so people, I think, are getting – have gotten – a little bit smarter.” (ROFLMAO :smilielol5:)

Some of the videos have executives making rather obvious revelations, like when Larry Gelbart and Gene Reynolds talk about pacifist messages in M*A*S*H or when MacGyver producer Vin Di Bona says anti-gun messages were a recurring theme in that show.

But an additional video has Di Bona, who also created America’s Funniest Home Videos, becoming remarkably blunt about his approval of a lack of political diversity in Hollywood. When Shapiro asks what he thinks of conservative critics who say everyone in Hollywood is liberal, Di Bona responds: “I think it’s probably accurate, and I’m happy about it.”

Another video has Leonard Goldberg — who executive produces Blue Bloods for CBS and a few decades ago exec produced such hits as Fantasy Island, Charlie’s Angels and Starsky and Hutch — saying that liberalism in the TV industry is “100 percent dominant, and anyone who denies it is kidding, or not telling the truth.”

I see merit in liberal AND conservative thinking. I see downsides to both too. As with many things in life, absolutism in politics are self-destructive.

And so, when one politcal group runs your entire media industry, there is a great danger to the people, as one corrupt power-hungry leader of that group can get the population to agree to unthinkable acts. You know... like attacking nations we have peace treaties with.

There are literally dozens of recorded interviews like the one below that slam shut any doubt to this truth on Primetime Propaganda's YT channel.

Check out the channel:
http://www.youtube.c...etimePropaganda

If you are under the age of 50, everything you've been watching on TV your entire life has been a setup to change your thinking to support this agenda.

Edited by blackcatgrowl, 13 July 2011 - 01:33 PM.

#2 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:42 PM

This again?

#3 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

I agree with you to an extent but if you are against the liberal bias in hollywood then what are your thoughts when a single person owns so much media?

#4 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:44 PM

This again?

What? Was there another thread on this? If so, I missed it.

Still... the videos are fairly new.

Or are you just putting on the blinders?

#5 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:44 PM

I don't see why it matters. Aren't people capable of thinking for themselves?

#6 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:46 PM

What? Was there another thread on this? If so, I missed it.

Still... the videos are fairly new.

Or are you just putting on the blinders?

nah flop/g5/venom/chuck put this up a while back. Im 99.999% sure it was the same video; could be wrong.

And Fox News is conservative....move along sir.

#7 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

And Fox News is conservative....move along sir.

Mainstream media is conservative.

#8 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,021 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

If you are under the age of 50, everything you've been watching on TV your entire life has been a setup to change your thinking to support this agenda.

Given the number of "conservatives" under the age of 50 in this country, apparently they suck at changing our minds.

#9 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:50 PM

I don't see why it matters. Aren't people capable of thinking for themselves?

It's pretty well documented and long known aspect of sociological study, that if you repeatedly expose people visually or audibly to the same thing over and over, your message begins to affect most people's thinking into adopting what they are told.

Edited by blackcatgrowl, 13 July 2011 - 01:54 PM.

#10 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:52 PM

Given the number of "conservatives" under the age of 50 in this country, apparently they suck at changing our minds.

Yeah, I guess you didn't read the article?

Conservatives, and conservative messages, are discriminated against by the industry that most directly influences our minds.

#11 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

you are absolutely f*cking high if you believe that. The high majority of low grade bullshiat that comes out every day is too f*cking stupid to have an agenda.

Go look at the top 20 grossing films this year. Hell, look at the top 50. Pull me the ones that are pushing a liberal agenda.

#12 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

It's pretty well documented and long know aspect of sociological study, that if you repeatedly expose people visually or audibly to the same over and over, your message begins to affect most people's thinking into adopting what they are told.

Sounds like a personal problem to me. As a grown person (adult), if you are unable to think for yourself, then you have a personal issue. I don't see how anyone can fault someone else for how they think.

#13 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

you are absolutely f*cking high if you believe that. The high majority of low grade bullshiat that comes out every day is too f*cking stupid to have an agenda.

Go look at the top 20 grossing films this year. Hell, look at the top 50. Pull me the ones that are pushing a liberal agenda.

They all do in some way.

Show me one that doesn't.

#14 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

They all do in some way.

Show me one that doesn't.

that's what I thought.

#15 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

Sounds like a personal problem to me. As a grown person (adult), if you are unable to think for yourself, then you have a personal issue. I don't see how anyone can fault someone else for how they think.

No, you're not getting it...

Exposing people, especially younger people and kids, to a repeated message influences their thinking. It's been scientifically proved time and again.

It has nothing to do with a personal decision. Leaders and Governments have been doing this for hundreds of years.

Like the Nazis...

If the only message you know is "Jews are evil." When your neighbor comes back from military duty, and says they rounded up all the jews in a town and took them to a prison camp, you're going to say "Ok. Jews are evil."

Were there some people who dissented towards anti-semetism in 1940s Germany. Yeah, sure...

But not enough to be able to do anything about it, for fear they would be roudned up and put in camps too.

And incidentally, we live in a democratically based society. If you can convince 51% of the people that something is good, even if it really isn't... you've won.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com