#1 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

I am not a football expert or analyzer, but all this talk about Charles Johnson being one of the best DE's in the game puzzles me. I watched every Panthers game religiously and I just didn't see it. Is there anyone out there who feels the same way I do?

I think someone is going to overpay him soon. I hope it is not us.

#2 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,255 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

Best DE in free agency, that's why he is being hyped. He hasnt done enough yet to be considered one of the best in the game, not sure where you would have heard that.

#3 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

Best DE in free agency, that's why he is being hyped. He hasnt done enough yet to be considered one of the best in the game, not sure where you would have heard that.

I might be reading into the hype a little too much. Maybe I spend too much time on this board. just seems like everyone has been saying he is the next coming of JP and I just don't see it

#4 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

He's the best in FA because he's 24 and had a breakout year. I don't think anybody considers him the best in the game.

#5 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,006 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

I kinda thought he was underrated.

#6 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,255 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

I might be reading into the hype a little too much. Maybe I spend too much time on this board. just seems like everyone has been saying he is the next coming of JP and I just don't see it

If he signs with Atl, you will see people saying he sucks, so dont go by what you read on here.

#7 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,736 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

several reports have come out about CJ being the best DE in the game last year...

#8 necroplasm

necroplasm

• HUDDLER
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

People put too much stock into stat numbers too quickly. Remember.. the Panthers defense was on the field over 2/3rds of the time. though, he's still a damn good player thus far .

#9 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,497 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

may be but we arent going to get anyone better so we need to hold on to him

#10 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,396 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

24 year old with lots of upside, and plenty years of high level play still to come. There is a ton of value in a player like that. I say, pay the man.

#11 wade

wade

cop a squat, cupcakes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

I am not a football expert or analyzer

So, what's your job at PFT?

#12 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,106 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:03 PM

Johnson was very productive on a team that had a very weak d line. He was often double-teamed and he still got to the quarterback. With a better D line where he can't be doubled all the time he would be almost unstoppable. He is the strongest defensive guy on the team maybe on the whole team. He is not overrated because not everyone is talking about him at this point. In fact I think he is underrated. If we keep him he will be even more of a beast in McDermott's scheme. I think he will get 15 sacks this year.

#13 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

He had a really good season last year. Cant really predict anything off one year but he is young and has potential. If he plays like he did last year he will be really good. On a quick note last year was a contract year so that was a little bit of motivation.

#14 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,657 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

Johnson also was in his contract year... Lots of average players decide to show up in their contract years and then disappear for the next 4 years. Saying Johnson is elite cause he did great in his contract year is plain ignorant.

#15 Fright

Fright

The best never rest.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

I don't believe he'll have another year like last season and teams will most likely never game plan in fears of him.

I don't hear many people talking about this guy (outside of Panther fans) even after a good year, so I'd say he's right where he should be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.