Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Charles Johnson overrated?

60 posts in this topic

Posted

I am not a football expert or analyzer, but all this talk about Charles Johnson being one of the best DE's in the game puzzles me. I watched every Panthers game religiously and I just didn't see it. Is there anyone out there who feels the same way I do?

I think someone is going to overpay him soon. I hope it is not us.

Posted

Best DE in free agency, that's why he is being hyped. He hasnt done enough yet to be considered one of the best in the game, not sure where you would have heard that.

2 people like this

Posted

Best DE in free agency, that's why he is being hyped. He hasnt done enough yet to be considered one of the best in the game, not sure where you would have heard that.

I might be reading into the hype a little too much. Maybe I spend too much time on this board. just seems like everyone has been saying he is the next coming of JP and I just don't see it

Posted

He's the best in FA because he's 24 and had a breakout year. I don't think anybody considers him the best in the game.

Posted

I kinda thought he was underrated.

Posted

I might be reading into the hype a little too much. Maybe I spend too much time on this board. just seems like everyone has been saying he is the next coming of JP and I just don't see it

If he signs with Atl, you will see people saying he sucks, so dont go by what you read on here.

Posted

several reports have come out about CJ being the best DE in the game last year...

Posted

People put too much stock into stat numbers too quickly. Remember.. the Panthers defense was on the field over 2/3rds of the time. though, he's still a damn good player thus far .

Posted

may be but we arent going to get anyone better so we need to hold on to him

Posted

24 year old with lots of upside, and plenty years of high level play still to come. There is a ton of value in a player like that. I say, pay the man.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am not a football expert or analyzer

So, what's your job at PFT?

Posted

Johnson was very productive on a team that had a very weak d line. He was often double-teamed and he still got to the quarterback. With a better D line where he can't be doubled all the time he would be almost unstoppable. He is the strongest defensive guy on the team maybe on the whole team. He is not overrated because not everyone is talking about him at this point. In fact I think he is underrated. If we keep him he will be even more of a beast in McDermott's scheme. I think he will get 15 sacks this year.

1 person likes this