Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last Update Before Lockout Officially Ends

194 posts in this topic

Posted

Awesome. If we got Joseph I almost wonder if teams would be able to score at all on us by passing.

Posted

Sweet deal. Dunno bout Rosario though.

Very excited for free agency.

Posted

When are you anticipating the lockout to officially end? And are we still gonna go after Braylon Edwards?

Posted

if johnson leaves for the falcons i will hate him more than peppers.

2 people like this

Posted

When are you anticipating the lockout to officially end? And are we still gonna go after Braylon Edwards?

I was never given an exact date for when the lockout will end, but it is very close. I was told that the reports of them being close is true and that there will be a window for teams to bring back their free agents before free agency starts.

Edwards will only be looked at if Smith is traded. If that Panthers keep Smith it is unlikley a WR will be brought in. They will have:

Smith/Gettis/LaFell/Pilares/Edwards/Martin/Wright/Guy

They are very unlikely to cut Edwards after one season and they really like both Martin and Wright as special team guys. The last regime also loved Guy so he will have a shot in training camp. Most likely the final spot will go to Wright if he is healthy.

Posted

Glad the haters weren't able to keep you away

Posted

good to hear, but CJ to Falcons!? Im with CarolinaNut on that one...

Posted

Is free agency going to be going on full bore during training camp or will everything be settled down by then? It just seems like a lot is about to happen in the next two-three weeks. I can't imagine being in training and then bringing in a bigtime FA like coefield or Joseph.

Posted

I was never given an exact date for when the lockout will end, but it is very close. I was told that the reports of them being close is true and that there will be a window for teams to bring back their free agents before free agency starts.

Edwards will only be looked at if Smith is traded. If that Panthers keep Smith it is unlikley a WR will be brought in. They will have:

Smith/Gettis/LaFell/Pilares/Edwards/Martin/Wright/Guy

They are very unlikely to cut Edwards after one season and they really like both Martin and Wright as special team guys. The last regime also loved Guy so he will have a shot in training camp. Most likely the final spot will go to Wright if he is healthy.

why would anyone think they would cut edwards? he hasnt been given a shot yet.

Posted

From what I've understood is that the team's would have 3 days to sign their own players, then FA period would be for 3-4 days after that. Meaning FA would go from the 28th - 31st of July.

Also Awesome on the Cap, the highest I've heard was 126 million plus the 21 for player benefits.

Posted

From what I've understood is that the team's would have 3 days to sign their own players, then FA period would be for 3-4 days after that. Meaning FA would go from the 28th - 31st of July.

Also Awesome on the Cap, the highest I've heard was 126 million plus the 21 for player benefits.

I heard something very similar to this as well. You are deinitely right about the 3 day period to sign your own free agents, I just was not aware that free agency would actually be so short, 3-4 days. To answer the question about the Panthers bringing a big free agent in during training camp, the answer is no. All of the big free agents will be signed very quickly. I do not know if anyone follows hockey, but expect free agency to be like that. There is tons of news the first 2 days, especially the first, and then it quiets down. All the big names will be signed relatively fast.