142 replies to this topic

#106 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,038 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:46 PM

Maybe it wasn't meant to be reported by the media, so the other players kept their mouth shut.

Good point, if anyone was going to blab it would be Shockey.

#107 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,402 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:47 PM

DeAngelo's reaction didn't indicate that to me.

I am curious though--how would teams get in touch with players to let them know this sort of stuff?

I have no idea how this information is getting relayed. I'm thinking if there were practice this weekend Kasay would be the first to know since he's the players rep.

#108 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,038 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:48 PM

Maybe the Panthers have been communicating with the players and that's why Shockey was supposed to keep his mouth shut about it?

#109 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,402 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

Maybe the Panthers have been communicating with the players and that's why Shockey was supposed to keep his mouth shut about it?

Yeah, Shockey messed up hard on this one. Hope the NFL doesn't investigate anything petty like this. :mad:

#110 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,484 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

DeAngelo's reaction didn't indicate that to me.

I am curious though--how would teams get in touch with players to let them know this sort of stuff?

If a deal was imminent, I'd bet that the NFL would "allow" the teams to contact the players and get the ball rolling ASAP.

#111 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,971 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

I hope DLo not being notified doesn't have anything to do with the FO's view on his future here.

#112 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,779 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:01 PM

Cool news.

#113 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

teams wouldn't have to notify players.. player reps could do that instead..

#114 Mean Eyed Cat

Mean Eyed Cat

The Fan In Black

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:21 PM

Steve Reed's take http://reederstake.f...s-weekend/9423/

#115 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,971 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

Steve Reed's take http://reederstake.f...s-weekend/9423/

I can't wait to see Shockey's face when Ashton Kutcher pops up on the empty practice field!!!

#116 hitman80

hitman80

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

Hey everyone, have followed the site for years and read it daily but never actually jumped into conversation.

Just a small tidbit of info that is probably meaningless (skip to last paragraph for short story)...I called Directv about this new advertisement for getting Sunday Ticket included free with certain plans. In my stupidity, I thought it may be for existing customers as the commercial was tricky in how they spoke about it (most do). I was told it was for new customers only, of course. However, they transferred me to a supervisor who cut $200 off the renew price due to the commercial's wording.

To make a long story short, the supervisor said we would be billed for the remaining price on the next bill. I said "if they ever get a deal done of course." He said that we would absolutely be getting billed on the very next bill. He said they have already been informed that a deal is complete and bills are already being prepared with the Sunday Ticket charges. The validity of this is less than 1% I'm sure but figured it pertained to the thread and thought it was interesting anyway.

#117 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,156 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:59 PM

Alas! NJPanther's source has been revealed.

#118 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

Hey everyone, have followed the site for years and read it daily but never actually jumped into conversation.

Just a small tidbit of info that is probably meaningless (skip to last paragraph for short story)...I called Directv about this new advertisement for getting Sunday Ticket included free with certain plans. In my stupidity, I thought it may be for existing customers as the commercial was tricky in how they spoke about it (most do). I was told it was for new customers only, of course. However, they transferred me to a supervisor who cut $200 off the renew price due to the commercial's wording.

To make a long story short, the supervisor said we would be billed for the remaining price on the next bill. I said "if they ever get a deal done of course." He said that we would absolutely be getting billed on the very next bill. He said they have already been informed that a deal is complete and bills are already being prepared with the Sunday Ticket charges. The validity of this is less than 1% I'm sure but figured it pertained to the thread and thought it was interesting anyway.

Glad you got a good deal on your renewal, as for the CBA deal. It was pretty much done on Friday, just have to settle the lawsuits and figure out the benefits issues. Then votes and FA on the 25th - 28th. Teams exclusive window will run from the 22nd to the end of day on the 24th, when FA will start at 12:01 AM on July 25th.

That's at least the current plan set in place by the league and players.

#119 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

When can we sign free agents?

#120 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:54 AM

When can we sign free agents?

The Restricted FA period should start on Thursday or Friday, real FA should begin on the 25th and last 3-4 days at most. < This is based off of current plans by the league.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com