jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

lol Denver has a ton of room.

No they don't.

We won’t know exactly what the salary cap situation for each team will be until the new collective bargaining agreement is set. But we do have a sense of what range each team is in. ESPN’s John Clayton reported that the new salary cap will be $120 million. Each team could use a $3 million exemption. The numbers do not reflect tender numbers that have not been officially set yet.

Denver

Salary-cap range: $770,000 under.

Summary: The Broncos have work to do in free agency, so they will have to rework some contracts of some older players including safety Brian Dawkins. Trading quarterback Kyle Orton would also help.
Kansas City

Salary-cap range:$34.3 million under.

http://espn.go.com/b...y-cap-breakdown

#92 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:30 PM

honestly people ask yourself if some team is willing to give a guy 7+ mil a year, who's already 28 and has ended up on IR the last two seasons and plays a position that comes with it the burden of high wear and tear compared to other positions without mentioning his name, just thinking in general. Who thinks it would be good for the team to tie up that kind of money on someone who maybe has 2 good years left? Especially when you've got another capable highly talented back behind him that plods through injury.

we all know the answer to this if the tables were turned..

any FA player brought up in the forum is automatically dismissed, yet fan loyalty is blinding...

how many of you all would take Santonio Holmes over DWill? there is only one obvious, correct answer...

#93 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,802 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:37 PM

we all know the answer to this if the tables were turned..

any FA player brought up in the forum is automatically dismissed, yet fan loyalty is blinding...

how many of you all would take Santonio Holmes over DWill? there is only one obvious, correct answer...

some people would say no to that because there's always been a contingent of posters on here that would never give this team a chance to bring in new people to create new memories, they'd rather try futilely to relive the old ones that they don't realize are gone.

#94 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,386 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

some people would say no to that because there's always been a contingent of posters on here that would never give this team a chance to bring in new people to create new memories, they'd rather try futilely to relive the old ones that they don't realize are gone.

people have reruns of Williams' 08 season on repeat in their heads. They think that is what they get by extending him to big money.

Edited by CRA, 19 July 2011 - 02:50 PM.

#95 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

it's not Stewart's or Williams' decision to make

It's Marty Hurney's. What indication has Hurney given you that they don't want to re-sign Williams? He's said ad nauseum that they want to keep the "core group" of players. What makes you think that Williams isn't in that core group?

And my response was largely directed toward the crowd who were saying that Stewart didn't really mean he wanted DeAngelo to say, he was just being a good teammate or being PC.

#96 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,386 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

It's Marty Hurney's. What indication has Hurney given you that they don't want to re-sign Williams? He's said ad nauseum that they want to keep the "core group" of players. What makes you think that Williams isn't in that core group?

And my response was largely directed toward the crowd who were saying that Stewart didn't really mean he wanted DeAngelo to say, he was just being a good teammate or being PC.

well what we should do and guessing what Marty will do are 2 different things.

#97 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,802 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

people have reruns of Williams' 08 season on repeat in their heads. They think that is what they get my extending him to big money.

and what they don't get about it is that it's very hard to rush for 18 touchdowns in a season, especially when you're being spelled by a starting caliber back frequently. The only other guy to hit pay dirt that much on the ground since 2007 is AP, and it took him a lot more carries to do it.

#98 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,737 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

I would love to keep DWill, let me say that.

However, if it comes with not being able to have a vet QB, an impact DL, a solid starter in the defensive backfield, or an edge rusher, I say sooooo Long.

#99 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,386 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:53 PM

and what they don't get about it is that it's very hard to rush for 18 touchdowns in a season, especially when you're being spelled by a starting caliber back frequently. The only other guy to hit pay dirt that much on the ground since 2007 is AP, and it took him a lot more carries to do it.

also without really looking at numbers.....I recall Williams had a LOT of 1, 2, 3yard TD scores. Brad Hoover could of knocked in a lot of those.

#100 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,383 posts

And there's always been a contingent of posters who don't see that you can make big moves in free agency without having to turn to the rest of the league.

People only tend to measure how active we are in free agency by how many outside players we bring in. But we're in a different spot this year. We've got 28 free agents on this team, and a bunch of big named ones. DeAngelo, Matt Moore, Charles Johnson, Kalil who we'll need to get a deal done with, Beason, possibly Smitty drama, etc.

We can be big in free agency without having to land the biggest free agents from other teams.

#101 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

people have reruns of Williams' 08 season on repeat in their heads. They think that is what they get my extending him to big money.

You must've stopped watching in 08. He did his thing in 09 too and had 361 in the first six games splitting carries last year, sounds like the same ol' D-Will to me. It's not about loyalty its about production and he produces. Here's some more conjecture; Stewart couldn't even manage to practice and having D-Will start the games so he could come in fresh has helped him stay healthy all season. I wonder what would happen if he had to practice everyday and carry the ball 30 times a game.

Wait, nevermind, I get it now its about the 20 mil a year we're gonna have to pay him. Lets not sign D-Will then we can sign S. Holmes somehow and have a little spare change for N. Aso. Fug it might as well get Mankins, Cofield and V.Jax too with all the cap not signing D-Will is gonna free up.:rolleyes:

edit: I forgot Peyton Manning

Edited by ncmonzta, 19 July 2011 - 03:10 PM.

#102 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

I would love to keep DWill, let me say that.

However, if it comes with not being able to have a vet QB, an impact DL, a solid starter in the defensive backfield, or an edge rusher, I say sooooo Long.

I was fairly certain, though, that it had been discussed in the thread about cap room that we should be able to re-sign all of our "core" players and still have room to fill those other needs...

Perhaps I missed something.

I don't think signing DeAngelo is going to be the one thing preventing us from filling those other needs. Hurney and Rivera have openly identified their target positions in FA and if they feel like they can re-sign DeAngelo and fill those needs, that's what they're going to do.

#103 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

And there's always been a contingent of posters who don't see that you can make big moves in free agency without having to turn to the rest of the league.

People only tend to measure how active we are in free agency by how many outside players we bring in. But we're in a different spot this year. We've got 28 free agents on this team, and a bunch of big named ones. DeAngelo, Matt Moore, Charles Johnson, Kalil who we'll need to get a deal done with, Beason, possibly Smitty drama, etc.

We can be big in free agency without having to land the biggest free agents from other teams.

valid point, but kind of double-speak considering we will be signing a crapload of our own FA regardless of whether we sign DWill or not..

I was fairly certain, though, that it had been discussed in the thread about cap room that we should be able to re-sign all of our "core" players and still have room to fill those other needs...

Perhaps I missed something.

I don't think signing DeAngelo is going to be the one thing preventing us from filling those other needs. Hurney and Rivera have openly identified their target positions in FA and if they feel like they can re-sign DeAngelo and fill those needs, that's what they're going to do.

also, that is an impression that cannot be confirmed as of yet.. it's an assumption. one that may or may not be true..

#104 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

Stewart has never missed a regular season game due to injury. Williams has finished two straight years on IR.

Please rectify these two facts with your opinion listed above.

LOL for confusing healthy with who shows up on the field. I never said Stewart didn't have heart, but he's been playing hurt about 80% of the games he has played as a Panther with that degenerative ankle condition he has.

This is a great discussion for proving who knows squat about football. All of a sudden, Stewart is the healthy horse and Williams is the injury prone brittle back.

#105 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,386 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

You must've stopped watching in 08. He did his thing in 09 too and had 361 in the first six games splitting carries last year, sounds like the same ol' D-Will to me. It's not about loyalty its about production and he produces. Here's some more conjecture; Stewart couldn't even manage to practice and having D-Will start the games so he could come in fresh has helped him stay healthy all season. I wonder what would happen if he had to practice everyday and carry the ball 30 times a game.

Wait, nevermind, I get it now its about the 20 mil a year we're gonna have to pay him. Lets not sign D-Will then we can sign S. Holmes somehow and have a little spare change for N. Aso. Fug it might as well get Mankins, Cofield and V.Jax too with all the cap not signing D-Will is gonna free up.:rolleyes:

I kept watching.....Williams no longer was the better runner after that year. Maybe they were equal and Stewart wasn't better....but Williams wasn't the better RB after that.

Stewart even in college proved he can play through nagging injuries. I mean trying to spin Stewart missed practice against him is just pointless.

DWill's money could be better used on a position of greater need......exagerrating that we couldn't sign 3 players with that money doesn't make the point of it all less true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com