#46 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:47 AM

Stop with the hand jobs

Who? Me? Muah?

If i was gonna show love, it'd be by rubbing his back and shoulders and slipping my monster cock into his tight lovehole.

:jc:

#47 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

Who? Me? Muah?

If i was gonna show love, it'd be by rubbing his back and shoulders and slipping my monster cock into his tight lovehole.

:jc:

Jimmy's? If so, not the first time that lovehole has been penetrated.

#48 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

the thread title itself is talking about some dude named herman going down.

#49 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:05 AM

Ok smarty- did Cain say that Congress should prohibit the free exercise of religion? No, he didn't. You fail.

Again, local government can be just as oppressive as the state or federal government. Why is it conservatives hate the federal government so much but are perfectly fine with local government stepping out of line. We have freedom of religion in this country; that's the way it is. We can debate the intent of every section of the constitution, but surely you don't think the founding fathers intended for state and local governments to blatantly defy the constitution.

If Congress can't do this, why is it OK for any governing body to do so? Using your logic any town in America can do away with free speech if they so please because of a loophole in the language of the constitution. Something tells me that isn't exactly what Jefferson & co. had in mind...

#50 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,908 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:11 AM

but this administration is all about finding loopholes in the Constitution.

oh and the title is a boxing reference. :rolleyes:

#51 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:19 AM

What does the Obama administration have to do with this? I never once mentioned Obama.

#52 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:49 AM

Again, local government can be just as oppressive as the state or federal government. Why is it conservatives hate the federal government so much but are perfectly fine with local government stepping out of line. We have freedom of religion in this country; that's the way it is. We can debate the intent of every section of the constitution, but surely you don't think the founding fathers intended for state and local governments to blatantly defy the constitution.

If Congress can't do this, why is it OK for any governing body to do so? Using your logic any town in America can do away with free speech if they so please because of a loophole in the language of the constitution. Something tells me that isn't exactly what Jefferson & co. had in mind...

I am not comfortable with any government doing this. I just wanted to call out the bs coming from some liberals and explain why Cain thinks doing so would be constitutional. I do not agree with him however.

#53 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,908 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:57 AM

What does the Obama administration have to do with this? I never once mentioned Obama.

So, you brought up loopholes and Obama is always looking for them. Didn't he find one to raise the debt limit without congressional approval?

#54 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

So, you brought up loopholes and Obama is always looking for them. Didn't he find one to raise the debt limit without congressional approval?

That was actually a Republican that proposed that.

But Obama doesn't know poo about the Constitution, despite his time as an adjunct professor.

#55 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:27 AM

Maybe he did, but I still don't see what it has to do with this. Presidents from both parties have routinely gone against the constitution over the years.

#56 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:31 AM

I am not comfortable with any government doing this. I just wanted to call out the bs coming from some liberals and explain why Cain thinks doing so would be constitutional. I do not agree with him however.

I see. Well, I would argue that if taken to the Supreme Court they would likely decide that the constitution extends to the state and local levels as well.

As for Cain... I get the sense he's trying to be this uber-conservative to help make conservatives overlook his race. And before you say anything, I'm not one to usually bring race into an argument, but I don't think anyone can deny that it plays a big role with many voters, particularly southern conservatives.

#57 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:45 AM

I see. Well, I would argue that if taken to the Supreme Court they would likely decide that the constitution extends to the state and local levels as well.

As for Cain... I get the sense he's trying to be this uber-conservative to help make conservatives overlook his race. And before you say anything, I'm not one to usually bring race into an argument, but I don't think anyone can deny that it plays a big role with many voters, particularly southern conservatives.

I believe they already did decide that. From what I remember, they said that the 14th amendment changed the earlier rulings that it doesn't apply to local and state governments.

#58 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

Yes, you are correct, the SCOTUS would decide that the constitution extends to state and local levels. In fact they already have, but the SCOTUS' constitutional framework for doing so is very shaky and can probably be fairly characterized/criticized as policy driven. The plain meaning of the 1st Amendment is clearly directed only to Congress.

Cain is who he is. I have heard Cain sub for Neal Boortz off and on for the past 6 years or so. He didn't become uber-conservative to gain political clout in the leadup to the 2012 prez elections. That's just who he is. He also isn't a lifetime politician, so he doesn't suffer from some of the political correctness censorship that many other candidates have. Don't confuse ignoring political correctness with being far to the right.

Lots of people on the left have a problem with Cain because of the support that he has garnered from the Tea Party- that party that hates negroes and women. This seems to contradict the left's claims that the Tea Party is a bunch of racist white guys. I don't think race plays near as big a role with Southern voters as the left thinks. The longer the left can perpetuate this conservatives are racist myth, the longer they can keep african americans on the democratic plantation.

#59 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,926 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:53 AM

It's not a myth, it's out there clearly or else the Republicans would not have named it the "Southern Strategy", but of course it's not the sole, or even the main, motivator.

#60 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:00 AM

Lots of people on the left have a problem with Cain because of the support that he has garnered from the Tea Party- that party that hates negroes and women. This seems to contradict the left's claims that the Tea Party is a bunch of racist white guys. I don't think race plays near as big a role with Southern voters as the left thinks. The longer the left can perpetuate this conservatives are racist myth, the longer they can keep african americans on the democratic plantation.

Standing ovation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.