Photo
- - - - -

And down goes Herman

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#61 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:01 AM

CAIN: They could say that. Chris, lets go back to the fundamental issue that the people are basically saying they’re objecting to. They’re objecting to the fact Islam is both a religion and a set of laws, Sharia law. That’s the difference between any one of our other traditional religions where it’s just about religious purposes. The people in the community know best, and I happen to side with the people in Murfreesboro.

He's arguing that communities have the right to do such a thing because Islam is apparently radically different from Judaism and Christianity because it's "both a religion and a set of laws". What I'm getting out of this quote is an obfuscated appeal to our old friend, "creeping Sharia"

That is a pretty solid point though. I can't think of a set of laws laid out in, say, Christianity. Not one, let alone ten of them.

Edited by london67, 21 July 2011 - 08:05 AM.

#62 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

Come on london - we all know Muslims are the only religious group that feels the need to impose their religions sometimes whacky viewpoints on everyone via laws.

#63 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

Please enlighten me on his lack of understanding of the constitution. He reads it like it was meant to be read, not like how lobs have expanded the reach of the fed guvment.

um 1st and 14th amendments

Ok smarty- did Cain say that Congress should prohibit the free exercise of religion? No, he didn't. You fail.

Hey fug wad. I have read the constitution many times. In fact, I bet I have read it more than anyone else on the Huddle. I know what it says and doesn't say. I guess that makes me racist.

lol you can't be fuging serious. based on your support of the idea that government (yes even your precious local government) should be able to prevent the free exercise of religion, i'm going to guess that while you may have read the constitution many times, you have yet to understand it.

#64 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:02 AM

um 1st and 14th amendments

lol you can't be fuging serious. based on your support of the idea that government (yes even your precious local government) should be able to prevent the free exercise of religion, i'm going to guess that while you may have read the constitution many times, you have yet to understand it.

I think you need to read the entire thread. He didn't say he agreed with Cain, just that he understood his point.