Photo
- - - - -

This is a long shot... But u never know...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:47 PM

I'm one of the "new" guys moving down there... U know the deal

Right-O.

I had heard there would be a "move".

If we are talking about the same thing....

#17 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

[QUOTE]aiuh[QUwithout[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]d

#18 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:04 AM

Yep, for the past 9 1/2 years... Are u military? I found a sweet deal.... 1800 sq feet with an in ground pool for 1400 a month right behind harbor walk... By the time I called it had already... Still looking though. I've broadened my search to Ft. Walton beach and niceville... Trying to avoid Crestview like the plague!!!

Nope, not military. I moved here in 2001 because i just got tired of NC and wanted something new. Which base will you be assigned to? if it is Eglin, you will want to live in either FWB, Shalimar or Niceville/Valpariaso. If it is Hulbert Feild, you want to look in FWB or Navarre. I think I have also heard of a new Army base being built around here too. Probably be most convenient for you to find a place in Fort Walton Beach for proximity reasons.

Traffic is pretty frustrating here, because almost everything is on Hwy 98, so I recommend finding something close to the highway.

Overall, it is a pretty cool place to live. You are still a young guy, so you will like the nightlife and there are tons of pretty young women down here. Beaches are beautiful, and it is a beach casual atmosphere. Accually, I dont think I will ever leave.

I go out alot, so hit me up when you get here, and I'll show you a few of the "local's" watering holes if you're up for it.

Oh, and you are right, Crestview is a boring place to live. Avoid at all cost.

Edited by chris999, 24 July 2011 - 03:08 AM.

#19 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

I'm gonna have to get u guys' #'s that live down there.I can't imagine that there are too many Panthers fans down there... We'll have to have game day parties or somin...

#20 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,588 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:18 AM

Need to get to know all of you better. I've been wanting to vacation in the Destin/Ft. Walton Beach area for a long time but have never made it. Need to establish connections in that area so I know exactly what type of place I am looking into, you can't always trust what you see in pictures or read in descriptions...

#21 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

I will let u know when I get there... I went down for a week earlier in the summer and I FUGGIN loved it!!!!

On another note... Chris999, I heard from one if my buddies that it is pointless to buy the Sunday ticket down there because it rains so much that I'd be luck to watch any if the games. I guess the satellite goes out all the time due to the rain.. any truth to this? What do u do on game days down there? Go to B dubs or what?

#22 pantherfreak

pantherfreak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:43 PM

I had Dish network, and really the only time i lost signal during a storm was if it was one that had a warning with it. Even then about 90% of the time i didn't loose signal. Most people here have dish or direct. Game Days go to Helenback, b dubs, there are a few different places to go.

#23 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

^Good lookin out... I'm gonna get the ticket then

#24 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:08 PM

I will let u know when I get there... I went down for a week earlier in the summer and I FUGGIN loved it!!!!

On another note... Chris999, I heard from one if my buddies that it is pointless to buy the Sunday ticket down there because it rains so much that I'd be luck to watch any if the games. I guess the satellite goes out all the time due to the rain.. any truth to this? What do u do on game days down there? Go to B dubs or what?

we are accually in the middle of a terrible drought. i has rained one day here in the past 4 months...

I couldnt tell you about Sunday Ticket because i have never had it, but i just go to the bars to watch the game.

And yes... It will be cool to have some panther fans down here. i have been holding down the fort by myself since 2001.

I dont have time to respond to everyones posts today, so if anyone wants to ask me any questions, just PM me.

#25 pantherfreak

pantherfreak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

And yes... It will be cool to have some panther fans down here. i have been holding down the fort by myself since 2001.

Damn dude, I've been here since 2000 and I thought I was the only panther fan in the area. It rained the past two weeks out here in Navarre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com