Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amobe Okoye Anyone?

75 posts in this topic

Posted

So if Deangelo signs with another team are they getting a bad player?

1 person likes this

Posted

Amobe would be a nice pickup, he doesn't fit the Texans style of defense and could use a new start. A solid, smart FA pick up.

Posted

I think it is funny how other teams think when a player is cut there is an opportunity to pick up an unnoticed gem. I guarantee this cat is the equivalent of our Richard Marshall. Good players rarely get cut or released. This is why free agents rarely work out.

Sometimes it's just peronality clashes or he didn't want to be on that team to begin with. Yeah, it might hurt now, but if goes to a team and coaches he wants to play for...he will get paid.

Posted

And? Okoye's been more successful than Maybin....

I'm just saying, dont value him by his draft status 3 years ago. I think there is some upside and would like to have him to stop the run.

Posted

Houston is also switching to a 3-4 and he doesn't fit that system at all.

Posted

exactly he does not fit that scheme, although he could play the 5 tech. he is big enough at 315.

Posted

I think it is funny how other teams think when a player is cut there is an opportunity to pick up an unnoticed gem. I guarantee this cat is the equivalent of our Richard Marshall. Good players rarely get cut or released. This is why free agents rarely work out.

I actually agree with you. Free agency is overrated and generally speaking not a good return on investment.

Just my opinion but most players that are free agents are free agents for a reason.

Posted

I say we never sign free agents ever again. Theyre overrated.

Posted

I would love to pick him up along side Cofield

Posted

I would love to pick him up along side Cofield

Doubt it. We aren't getting him AND Cofield.

Posted

Just read through the thread and jezuz christ it's a wonder how some of you dress yourselves in the morning. Nobody is saying we need to build a team full of free agents. You build through the draft. But you need to sign a few free agents to fill holes that you couldn't fill through the draft. And just because someone is cut does not automatically make them a bad player. That's one of the most dumbest things I've heard. A lot of you just want us to sign pro bowlers and that isn't going to happen. Okoye is still young and still has lots of potential. It's not like the Texans had any other help on the line as well besides Williams.