• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:28 AM

I hope so because Shockey certainly isn't the long-term option. These athletic fast tight ends are starting to be the norm rather than the exception. When we drafted Rosario he was special because he was on of the athletic types with speed and there weren't many around. Now every team has one.

#17 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,395 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:19 AM

I agree, but they would have to use cap numbers from a contract that hasn't been signed yet. And I have seen 20 different versions of what the cap will look like. So I imagine it would be hard to write an article with cap space listed.

exactly, making this no different than any speculation from a huddler and information we already know.

which, btw, not knockin the OP.. didn't pay attention to who posted it the 1st time around..

Edited by bleys, 23 July 2011 - 08:26 AM.

#18 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,796 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:51 PM

I hope but Rosario get your hopes up every year.

I actually have this sentiment towards one Gary Barnidge.

#19 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:44 AM

I like the old saying "If it isn't broken, don't fix it". But in this case, I don't really like hurneys approach of "keeping the core guys together". We just came off of a 2-14 season and in this case, I think we should "fix" what's "broken"

IMO, we really arent "broken", on the roster except for DT, where the guys are decent, but should be back-ups. We need a solid starter there, and play the remaining guys on rotation. We also need an upgrade over Marshall.

I dont think we are broken, we just have some holes naturally left open due to JR not offering any contracts last year. We just have some holes that need to be filled, and in the case of DT and CB, hopefully we will fill the holes with upgrades rather than depth.

#20 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:00 AM

I hope but Rosario get your hopes up every year. A ton of potential but a constant let down. My concern with Rosario is he still runs wrong routes and drops passes on big downs after being on the same team in the NFL for years. Some guys just can't make the play when it counts. I hope he proves me wrong.

I remember Rosario breaking the Chargers' hearts one time as time expired...

I think that's about as clutch as one can get.

I'm just ready to see a REAL FUGGIN OFFENSE this year....

It's gonna be so SICK!!! Bring it NFC South division foes.... They ain't ready for Cameron and Co...

#21 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,610 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:08 AM

I hope so because Shockey certainly isn't the long-term option. These athletic fast tight ends are starting to be the norm rather than the exception. When we drafted Rosario he was special because he was on of the athletic types with speed and there weren't many around. Now every team has one.

Shockey will be hurt in the time it takes a rabbit mate.

#22 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,395 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

Shockey will be hurt in the time it takes a rabbit mate.

that would make sense considering he averages 82% of his games every year.. similar to Steve Smith.

#23 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

that would make sense considering he averages 82% of his games every year.. similar to Steve Smith.

Funny how people keep talking about how Shockey will get hurt early when 2003 was the last time he missed significant time.

#24 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,610 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

My comment on Shockey getting injuried was not meant to be taken seriously though I was surprised when they signed him

#25 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,395 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

seems everyone has a similar comment.. I prefer to take the shotgun approach and nuke them all. ;)

#26 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

My comment on Shockey getting injuried was not meant to be taken seriously though I was surprised when they signed him

Nothing personal against you. But lots of people on here make it sound like we will be lucky to have Shockey for 5 games when nothing in his history supports that.

#27 Clausen4HoF

Clausen4HoF

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

The best solution would be to forget about trying to resign Deangelo and Charles johnson because we need to quit trying to win with the guys that made us 2-14 last year. Im tired of this fanbase not looking at this realistically. Seriously look at our roster... there are 3 or maybe 4 guys who are even first string quality so we really need to hit a home run once the CBA is signed and free agency starts.

#28 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

Posted Image

#29 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,395 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

The best solution would be to forget about trying to resign Deangelo and Charles johnson because we need to quit trying to win with the guys that made us 2-14 last year. Im tired of this fanbase not looking at this realistically. Seriously look at our roster... there are 3 or maybe 4 guys who are even first string quality so we really need to hit a home run once the CBA is signed and free agency starts.

I think we should start a petition asking JR to fire Hurney in place of you..

#30 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com