Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama the next Jimmy Carter

87 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

if you know anything about economics and history, you would know that you cant spend your way out of a recession, it has never worked. japan failed at it during the 90's and FDR's New Deal only prolonged the duration of the depression. The last time we faced a recession of this magnitude back in 1982, all Reagan has to do to get us out of it was cut taxes. Problem solved.

if you actually believe this you should have your driver's license taken away.

Posted · Report post

Obviously facts cannot be wrong. But i find interesting as to what you choose to call "facts."

The fact is that in 6 weeks Obama has spent almost twice as much as what Bush spent in 8 years, which we all know is pretty bad. Obama's spending frenzy has totalled more than 1-43 combined, while tripling the national debt at the same time. Obama is spending money that doesnt exist.

Obama is destroying this country's founding ideals and principles, and that my friend, is also a fact.

ps. if you know anything about economics and history, you would know that you cant spend your way out of a recession, it has never worked. japan failed at it during the 90's and FDR's New Deal only prolonged the duration of the depression. The last time we faced a recession of this magnitude back in 1982, all Reagan has to do to get us out of it was cut taxes. Problem solved.

LMFAO, omg do you actually believe that garbage?????????????????/ Who fed you those lies????????????????? If that was the case this county would be sitting on a debt of over 30 Trillion dollars when in reality it's only above 10 trillion which isn't much higher then it was last year.

geez you like to make it a habit of being wrong. Fact is before Obama got in office that deficit was already 1.3 Trillion dollars, Another fact is it's only gone up 200 billion so far this year. One more fact for you is that the Debt hasn't tripled and spending isn't at a level where it would add up all the president's combined, when he hasn't out spent Bush. Before you talk Politics and money you should learn about the topics at hand and learn the facts before spewing non sense.

I agree you can't spend your way out of a Recession but that isn't what this is. This is full blown cataclysmic meltdown of extraordinary proportions. There isn't any sure fire way of fixing this government's and country's problem. With that said you have to try something. Believe it or not, I'm not a huge fan of Obama's. I just think he has some major problems on his plate that are going to take time to fix, and saying after 5 weeks that he's a failure is ridiculous. I've seen more then on Analyst say that the government in best case scenario Buys out bank debt to the tune of 1 Trillion dollars, takes them over, rights the ship then re-sells back to the private sector. That is Basically the only sure fire way of fixing our banking crisis. I don't like it, I'm sure you don't like it. I think it really depends on who they re sell too. I'm still giving the guy time, I haven't really liked a president since Clinton and we all know he had his fair share of problems.

Posted · Report post

I think we can all agree that it was too high under Bush, and it shouldn't go higher under Obamaa.

One reason I'm giving him time. He made the promise after election that the national debt would go down 2 trillion dollars and that the deficit would be halved. See if he makes due on that promise, if not I'll be in line with the rest. Just not as extreme as some of you.

• Masters of PIE !

• Recent Comments