Photo
- - - - -

Obama the next Jimmy Carter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#76 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,508 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:33 AM

no, youre wrong again.

Facts cannot be wrong.

During President Bush's first five years in office, the federal government increased by $616 billion

After beginning with a Clinton-era surplus of $128 billion in fiscal year 2001, the Bush administration racked up deficits of $158 billion in 2002, $378 billion in 2003, $413 billion in 2004, $318 billion in 2005, $248 billion in 2006, $162 billion in 2007, and $410 billion in 2008. Close to two trillion dollars in deficit.

And what about the national debt? It increased from $5 trillion to $10 trillion in the Bush years, leading to dramatically higher interest costs. “We pay in interest four times more than we spend on education and four times what it will cost to cover 10 million children with health insurance for five years.

Don't tell me I'm wrong when your the one who doesn't know what they are talking about. Just opinions and no facts. Those above are facts, proven facts. Our debt increased over 4 trillion dollars in 8 years, our government ballooned to a ridiculous size and spending went up.

#77 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:30 AM

How much of Bush's debt occurred the last two years, when Pelosi and Co. took over? The economy was doing very well when you take 9/11 into consideration until the last couple of years.

#78 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:59 AM

How much of Bush's debt occurred the last two years, when Pelosi and Co. took over? The economy was doing very well when you take 9/11 into consideration until the last couple of years.

There is some truth in that whether our dem friends want to admit it or not.

#79 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,093 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:35 AM

Facts cannot be wrong.

During President Bush's first five years in office, the federal government increased by $616 billion

After beginning with a Clinton-era surplus of $128 billion in fiscal year 2001, the Bush administration racked up deficits of $158 billion in 2002, $378 billion in 2003, $413 billion in 2004, $318 billion in 2005, $248 billion in 2006, $162 billion in 2007, and $410 billion in 2008. Close to two trillion dollars in deficit.

And what about the national debt? It increased from $5 trillion to $10 trillion in the Bush years, leading to dramatically higher interest costs. “We pay in interest four times more than we spend on education and four times what it will cost to cover 10 million children with health insurance for five years.

Don't tell me I'm wrong when your the one who doesn't know what they are talking about. Just opinions and no facts. Those above are facts, proven facts. Our debt increased over 4 trillion dollars in 8 years, our government ballooned to a ridiculous size and spending went up.

So

bush over the course of 8 years = $2 trillion deficit

Obama in his first year = $1.75 trillion deficit plus a promise of $10 trillion in total deficits over the next 4 years.

That's better to you?

#80 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,508 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:04 AM

So

bush over the course of 8 years = $2 trillion deficit

Obama in his first year = $1.75 trillion deficit plus a promise of $10 trillion in total deficits over the next 4 years.

That's better to you?

Never said it was better or worse, that depends on the outcome. What I was defending is the fact that he keeps on saying He's already spent more then what bush did during his eight years. However 2 trillion in deficit and 5 trillion in debt to other countries is pretty bad though wouldn't you say?

Also you have to take into account Obama's current situation, it warrants the over spending to hep stabilize the economy and fix our current problems. How his plan works will determine if Obama is a good president or not. I said the same thing about spending after 9/11, that the over spending was justified, Bush and co just went overboard and kept doing it for far too long.

As for exactly what you said....
1.5 - 1.75 Trillion dollars in his first year is the expected deficit on the year, it's went up 200 billion so far. He inherited a deficit of 1.3 trillion dollars from the bush admin. That's counted in that number too. So out of that huge 1.75 Trillion dollars his increase would only be around 500 billion counting the stimulus bill and the other bills that are planned. Most of that is from the Bush Admin, he went in having a surplus in Deficit and spent that plus 1.3 trillion dollars. The deficit is the cash debt the country has.

The promise of the country's debt going down 2 trillion over the next 2 years and the deficit being cut in half = 10 trillion in deficit's?????? Hard to be down 10 trillion in cash man. Which is what the Deficit is.

Edited by carpanfan96, 08 March 2009 - 10:28 AM.

#81 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,508 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:17 AM

I know two trillion of that debt took place between June of 03 - March of 06.
National debt as of June 2003 - 6.592 Trillion
National debt as of March 2006 - 8.364 Trillion

Under mister Bolten as Director of the office of management and budget, it got him a promotion.

I know it was at 5.5 trillion when he took office. I know that the debt went up over 500 billion in 2006 alone and at the start of 2007 it was at 8.8 trillion.
At the end of 2007 it was at 9.05 trillion.
At the end of 2008 it was at 10.02 trillion

So in the last two years it went up a little over a trillion compared to his first 6 years in office where the national debt went up over 4.5 trillion dollars.

#82 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:35 AM

I know two trillion of that debt took place between June of 03 - March of 06.
National debt as of June 2003 - 6.592 Trillion
National debt as of March 2006 - 8.364 Trillion

Under mister Bolten as Director of the office of management and budget, it got him a promotion.

I know it was at 5.5 trillion when he took office. I know that the debt went up over 500 billion in 2006 alone and at the start of 2007 it was at 8.8 trillion.
At the end of 2007 it was at 9.05 trillion.
At the end of 2008 it was at 10.02 trillion

So in the last two years it went up a little over a trillion compared to his first 6 years in office where the national debt went up over 4.5 trillion dollars.

I think we can all agree that it was too high under Bush, and it shouldn't go higher under Obamaa.

#83 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,906 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

Facts cannot be wrong.

Obviously facts cannot be wrong. But i find interesting as to what you choose to call "facts."

The fact is that in 6 weeks Obama has spent almost twice as much as what Bush spent in 8 years, which we all know is pretty bad. Obama's spending frenzy has totalled more than 1-43 combined, while tripling the national debt at the same time. Obama is spending money that doesnt exist.

Obama is destroying this country's founding ideals and principles, and that my friend, is also a fact.

ps. if you know anything about economics and history, you would know that you cant spend your way out of a recession, it has never worked. japan failed at it during the 90's and FDR's New Deal only prolonged the duration of the depression. The last time we faced a recession of this magnitude back in 1982, all Reagan has to do to get us out of it was cut taxes. Problem solved.

Edited by venom, 08 March 2009 - 01:22 PM.

#84 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,906 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:16 PM

I think we can all agree that it was too high under Bush, and it shouldn't go higher under Obamaa.

too late.

#85 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:21 PM

if you know anything about economics and history, you would know that you cant spend your way out of a recession, it has never worked. japan failed at it during the 90's and FDR's New Deal only prolonged the duration of the depression. The last time we faced a recession of this magnitude back in 1982, all Reagan has to do to get us out of it was cut taxes. Problem solved.

if you actually believe this you should have your driver's license taken away.

#86 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,508 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

Obviously facts cannot be wrong. But i find interesting as to what you choose to call "facts."

The fact is that in 6 weeks Obama has spent almost twice as much as what Bush spent in 8 years, which we all know is pretty bad. Obama's spending frenzy has totalled more than 1-43 combined, while tripling the national debt at the same time. Obama is spending money that doesnt exist.

Obama is destroying this country's founding ideals and principles, and that my friend, is also a fact.

ps. if you know anything about economics and history, you would know that you cant spend your way out of a recession, it has never worked. japan failed at it during the 90's and FDR's New Deal only prolonged the duration of the depression. The last time we faced a recession of this magnitude back in 1982, all Reagan has to do to get us out of it was cut taxes. Problem solved.

LMFAO, omg do you actually believe that garbage?????????????????/ Who fed you those lies????????????????? If that was the case this county would be sitting on a debt of over 30 Trillion dollars when in reality it's only above 10 trillion which isn't much higher then it was last year.
geez you like to make it a habit of being wrong. Fact is before Obama got in office that deficit was already 1.3 Trillion dollars, Another fact is it's only gone up 200 billion so far this year. One more fact for you is that the Debt hasn't tripled and spending isn't at a level where it would add up all the president's combined, when he hasn't out spent Bush. Before you talk Politics and money you should learn about the topics at hand and learn the facts before spewing non sense.

I agree you can't spend your way out of a Recession but that isn't what this is. This is full blown cataclysmic meltdown of extraordinary proportions. There isn't any sure fire way of fixing this government's and country's problem. With that said you have to try something. Believe it or not, I'm not a huge fan of Obama's. I just think he has some major problems on his plate that are going to take time to fix, and saying after 5 weeks that he's a failure is ridiculous. I've seen more then on Analyst say that the government in best case scenario Buys out bank debt to the tune of 1 Trillion dollars, takes them over, rights the ship then re-sells back to the private sector. That is Basically the only sure fire way of fixing our banking crisis. I don't like it, I'm sure you don't like it. I think it really depends on who they re sell too. I'm still giving the guy time, I haven't really liked a president since Clinton and we all know he had his fair share of problems.

Edited by carpanfan96, 08 March 2009 - 06:52 PM.

#87 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,508 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

One reason I'm giving him time. He made the promise after election that the national debt would go down 2 trillion dollars and that the deficit would be halved. See if he makes due on that promise, if not I'll be in line with the rest. Just not as extreme as some of you.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com