#46 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

The huddle is fine when things are going good,right now we are all frustrated and these repetitive threads are not helping. i promise you if we win week 1 you will get swagged for some of those treads.

#47 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

BTW, would we be one of the teams that report Wednesday or Friday?

It seems to me that they are opening on different days so they can get to work re-certifying the union, but I don't understand why that is necessary now and not in the original schedule. I guess they thought that they would just re-certify over the phone or one the internet, then every team would start the league year on the next day or a day later. Now, the union* wants everyone to vote for re-certification on paper, so they are changing it up.

To me, the most logical schedule would be:
Tuesday/Wednesday:End the lockout, after the NFLPA accepts the deal. Have the players come in and vote for re-certification.
Wednesday/Thursday: Start the league year, let teams sign their own FAs and undrafted FAs
Friday/Saturday: Open up UFA to sign with any team, start training camps

Every team should be on the same schedule

#48 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

And to add to this, the Huddle tends to be a 'good ol' boys' club. If you go overkill with new threads, and people see April 2011 as your join date, you will get ripped. At least it's been like that since I've been here, and I can't even remember how long ago that was.

I don't think it's that cut and dry.. I think new posters just have to adjust to what is a decent thread and what is not.

there are plenty who come in early and just get it, or have experienced previous forums and already have a basis for understanding.

coming in and posting the same thread 10 times is going to get everyone piling up on you. but I think there are enough posters here who would back up a new guy if he's a solid contributor.

although, a new guy is more likely to take heat, but I think that's a guy thing in general. I know my friends and I bash each other from time to time just for the hell of it. most people just need thicker skin and realize it's still the interwebz at the end of the day.

of course, there are those who will never get it and will always be tormented..

I believe there used to be a good 'ol boys club, however, this forum is just a collection of random people anymore.. I guess that can be debated.. I am probly wrong on that one.

Edited by bleys, 24 July 2011 - 04:16 PM.

#49 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

^ it's no biggie... Those threads were quality... It was just a crazy day... When the owners voted it ended the lockout. Not an opinion... Fact

#50 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

whether you think they were quality or not, and regardless of the owners voting and what that meant....

my only point was they could have went into 1 thread and saved yourself some grief.. lol

#51 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

whether you think they were quality or not, and regardless of the owners voting and what that meant....

my only point was they could have went into 1 thread and saved yourself some grief.. lol

This. No sense in having 5 threads all saying the lockout is over.

#52 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

Most of the 'Good Ol Boys' post in the Lounge now as they wait for the lockout shitty thread phase to end.

#53 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

Don't act like you are a good ol boy Dpanther

#54 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

I'm not, they won't let me in the club. :(

#55 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,035 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

sigh, no.

Sigh, Yes. Your reality must really stink. You fear the moderators. OOOH. I don't have time to care about them or someone hiding behind mom's skirt making little comments like you are doing. Now go tell on me!:eek: They might pat you on the head or something.

#56 blackcat

blackcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:45 PM

Yes, problem is that there is a thread for all things lockout stickied at the top of the page- it's there for a reason.

Mods will become more strict once actual football crap starts happening, so get used to it now.

Change your tampon Jackofalltrades, Master of none.

#57 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,753 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

Change your tampon Jackofalltrades, Master of none.

Clever and original.

#58 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

Sigh, Yes. Your reality must really stink. You fear the moderators. OOOH. I don't have time to care about them or someone hiding behind mom's skirt making little comments like you are doing. Now go tell on me!:eek: They might pat you on the head or something.

lol wtf are you talking about??

You all are like a cult. If you mean me, so be it. This is really not a big deal to me.

I WASNT talking about you, "this is really not a big deal to me." it must of hurt your feelings or something or else you wouldnt take hours to think up a response.

#59 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

Everybody needs to chill.

Ginger ale anybody?

Posted Image

#60 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins