Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMET ELENIN - "Let there be Light"

305 posts in this topic

Posted

I <3 this thread

Posted

Elenin is a pretty small and insignificant comet. Won't even really come close enough to see it; no effect on Earth at all. There's way cooler space stuff to think about.

[]

Here is a cool site. You can put in your location. And find out where too look for planets and satelites including the ISS.

http://www.heavens-above.com/

Posted

I put Dec 21, 2012 into the JPL database...the sun, earth and comet don't line up. Flawed article is flawed. I don't understand how some people buy into this snake oil astronomy.

Posted

I put Dec 21, 2012 into the JPL database...the sun, earth and comet don't line up. Flawed article is flawed. I don't understand how some people buy into this snake oil astronomy.

Look again. Earth, the Sun and Elenin do encounter their final alignment on December 23, 2012 according to the JPL orbit diagram. There are those that argue the Mayan calendar actually reads that the beginning of the new age starts on 12/23/12, not 12/21/12. Either way, we're talking a difference of 48 hours.

Try again my friend :)

Posted

I took a poo that looked like a comet once.

This poo is no joke

lol get it lol

Posted

Didnt read the article eh? Elenin has extremely large EM field. Apparently it's caused an enormous storm on Saturn that could fit hundreds of Earth's, producing lightning charges 10,000 times more powerful than those we see here on our planet.

It has failed to effect absolutely anything else. It passed .002 AU from a little asteroid and had no effect at all. Yet it's gonna effect Earth at 500x times that distance?

I'll bet you $1,000 US dollars that there is no demonstrable impact of Elenin on Earth. Would you take that?

Posted

Wow... that's a whole lotta wrong....

Ok, I'm just gonna skip over most of it & point out that Elenin is already within 14 AU of the sun thus if this person knew what they were talking about it would have discharged already.

Posted

Comet.jpg

Also, the article failed to mention that Proctor & Gamble released Comet to the public in 1956, exactly 56 years before the Mayan calendar predicts sh*t to get real dirty.

1 person likes this

Posted

It has failed to effect absolutely anything else. It passed .002 AU from a little asteroid and had no effect at all. Yet it's gonna effect Earth at 500x times that distance?

I'll bet you $1,000 US dollars that there is no demonstrable impact of Elenin on Earth. Would you take that?

Well i guess we will see then...and no, i dont want your money.

Posted

In physics or math you must be completely correct to prove a theory Venom. 48 hrs is a large window and no matter what his facts are wrong. Pseudo science doesn't fly. This is just like the people blaming the plague on comets.

Posted

its like religion for nerds