#1 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

http://news.yahoo.co...-133143362.html

What the fug do they expect these people to do if companies refuse to even hire them? This is absolutely disgusting and I can't believe it hasn't gotten more attention than it has because it's been a big problem for a few years now.

But of course it's all Obama's fault the unemployment rate won't go down...

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,662 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:35 AM

A lot of people simply chose to take unemployment because it was easier and close to what a lot of entry-level positions would provide in wages.

Says a lot about the character of the person and companies don't want to have to deal with that.

#3 jim stone

jim stone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

http://news.yahoo.co...-133143362.html

What the fug do they expect these people to do if companies refuse to even hire them? This is absolutely disgusting and I can't believe it hasn't gotten more attention than it has because it's been a big problem for a few years now.

But of course it's all Obama's fault the unemployment rate won't go down...

They aint hiring. Why would you want to apply if they aint hiring. Maybe you could go back to school. There are 2 year degrees that will net you more than many 4 year degrees.

They are probably not hiring because it is still a bit up in the air how much it will cost per employee in taxes and insurance benefits. Once they unknowns are answered, they will be able to make decisions about hiring more people. Blame whom you choose for that.

#4 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:55 AM

A lot of people simply chose to take unemployment because it was easier and close to what a lot of entry-level positions would provide in wages.

Says a lot about the character of the person and companies don't want to have to deal with that.

says a lot about the character of the person that they had to be on unemployment?

#5 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

agree to an extent, but there is a large percentage of the population who were college educated, had 3+ years of business experience before even graduating school and who were highly motivated, like myself who still had a very tough time finding entry level jobs at almost any company.

so just because I was between jobs for a brief period compared previously going to school full time and working office jobs, and I should be disqualified?

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,680 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:59 AM

Painting with a mighty broad brush there aren't you? Not everyone that's on unemployment would choose it.

#7 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,662 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

with some telling the long-term unemployed to not even bother with applying.

There's a difference between getting laid off and between jobs and appearing to have made a 99-week lifestyle out of it. There's work to be done out there.

#8 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:05 AM

There's a difference between getting laid off and between jobs and appearing to have made a 99-week lifestyle out of it. There's work to be done out there.

touche

#9 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:12 AM

that difference is why it's unfair for companies to disqualify the unemployed from applying for work.

if you are against people living off the gov, how do you get them off if they can't be hired?

#10 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:13 AM

There is. There's also a poo load of people looking for that work and not nearly enough companies to hire them all. Some folks will simply get left out.

Look, I'm not saying under normal circumstances I wouldn't half-way understand this. But times are tough and these are especially rough economic circumstances pretty much across the board for everyone.

Companies shouldn't hold the fact that the economy went into free-fall against the people who suffered as a result. Unemployment will take for-fuging-ever to get back to normal if that's the case.

#11 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

It only makes sense to try and hire someone that is currently employed.

#12 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

Companies shouldn't hold the fact that the economy went into free-fall against the people who suffered as a result. Unemployment will take for-fuging-ever to get back to normal if that's the case.

Companies will stop doing this once they run out of qualified, currently employed candidates to select from. That will happen once the economy improves after the 2012 presidential elections.

#13 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

I'd say that depends entirely on the job in question and the circumstances. That article I posted mentions everyday jobs like hotel concierges & restaurant managers. It's not like we're talking about high-level executive positions here, in which case I could understand.

#14 jim stone

jim stone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

There you go dude. 99 weeks=almost two years. WIA will pay for books and tuition. Get your self a great job with personal rewards.

#15 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:50 AM

are companies only excluding people who have been on unemployment for 99 weeks?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com