<

Photo
- - - - -

Could Dwill be gone!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#46 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

DWill wont turn down the money we will offer and the chance to get on the field with JStew unless Denver offers him a contract he cant resist..and if he does that, I wont blame him.

He will be back though.

#47 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

If Dwill not getting signed by the end of the day, he's gone. He's flying to Denver tomorrow.

source?

I have a feeling if we let him leave from our first meeting without a deal he's gonna sign wherever he goes next...

I really hope we get it done tonight, but I also don't know how that's possible if we had Hurney and most of the staff down to court CJ in person...

#48 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:44 PM

source?

I have a feeling if we let him leave from our first meeting without a deal he's gonna sign wherever he goes next...

I really hope we get it done tonight, but I also don't know how that's possible if we had Hurney and most of the staff down to court CJ in person...

Don't remember... read it on tweeter today somewhere. Some analyst said that we have today to sign Dwill, if not... then he's probably gone.

#49 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

Denver will overpay Williams I think.....agent probably knows this. Carolina shouldnt match the number.

#50 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

Don't remember... read it on tweeter today somewhere. Some analyst said that we have today to sign Dwill, if not... then he's probably gone.

Oh, I think you're talking about Omar Kelly... he's the Fins beat writer, and said they would be all over him if we didn't get a deal done today.

The ESPN guys were also saying Broncos and Fins were gonna be after him super hard.

#51 kdrh5

kdrh5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

Comparing a wide open, pass first offense with an ELITE, legit ELITE, QB to a team with a project rookie QB that is built to run with question marks up and down the roster at receiver is asinine at best.

Our need for a RB is much greater than theirs.

Carry on.

Um, yeah...I never compared our offense to theirs. Just pointed to them as being the best example of how easy it is to find running backs, much like Houston found their starting running back and didnt even have to spend a draft pick on him. But whatev.

And I'm not sure how pointing out how much Cam needs a solid running game to lean on really affects anything I said considering we have still three good ones on the roster even if we let Williams walk.

#52 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

It's easy to find a RB when the running game is an afterthought.

When it's the focus of your offense and the crutch you will lean on, you tend to put more importance on it.

Not saying we should or shouldn't sign him, just that comparing the two was inaccurate.

#53 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

HUDDLER

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

I don't think anyone on this board knows the yearly distribution of CJ's salary. As such, it's possible to sign DWill with no problems. Plus a lot of people will be cut by the end of training camp, Some might be vets and some people might be restructured and extended, aka Jon Beason, Ryan Kalil.

We're not the Redskins, we know how to manage our cap.

#54 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

Nobody can sign until Friday. Any smart man would field all offers prior to signing to know his true worth on open market. Don't freak out about Deangelo just yet.

#55 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

5 year deal? He will be 33.

#56 Gipetto

Gipetto

SWAG SONIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

I hate looking at this thread. I see all these good topics then i see this and it just pisses me off. DWILL isnt going anywhere

#57 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

I'll just be glad when he signs, so we can talk about something else other than DWill and Cam's number.

#58 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

I don't think anyone on this board knows the yearly distribution of CJ's salary. As such, it's possible to sign DWill with no problems. Plus a lot of people will be cut by the end of training camp, Some might be vets and some people might be restructured and extended, aka Jon Beason, Ryan Kalil.

We're not the Redskins, we know how to manage our cap.

No one has said Carolina couldn't technically afford to overspend on Williams.....they could be it will be at a cost.

Fox already has a unique QB and questionable D.....nothing about the suggests the tools to play not lose football. He is probably in Elways ear telling him he needs this RB at all costs.

#59 ncguy2184

ncguy2184

Mmmm BoJangles......

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

Or maybe just maybe foxy is acting like he wants dwill and johnson so we will over pay just to stick it to us ....?? u never know

#60 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

HUDDLER

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

I'll just be glad when he signs, so we can talk about something else other than DWill and Cam's number.

Speaking of...what number do you think??? :cam: