42 replies to this topic

#31 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

60% Independent 40% Conservative. I vote for the candidate (regardless of party) that I feel will reflect my views.

My ticket usually includes all parties - as bad as most of the politicians are, sometimes there's 1 or 2 that actually have good intentions. I monitor the voting record of my representatives and then vote dependent upon whether they "represented" my views.

I don't have deep religious views, I believe in being honest and respectful of my elders. I believe women hold a special place in the family unit and deserve respect. I believe you work to make money to ensure your families well being - not to buy fancy things to show off.

I have no problem with the Gov helping the needy - but I believe there is a limit. Financial help should be a stepping stone to the recipients getting back on track - it should not be a career.

I grew up lower middle class, I've worked hard and used the HS education I got to help myself along in life. I have many tradional values to lean on - chief among them is that 'I as a man and father should do everything in my power (short of crime) to provide for my family'. Its not the gov's job to be my families bread winner.

My wife works too - I respect her as my partner in life and family. I treat her with the respect she deserves - she grew up with even less than I did. We have managed to raise 5 children, 3 have gone on to college, 2 more still in high school. We did that by working hard and working together and making good choices along the way (not drugs/alcohol/crime).

I believe that your life can improve beyond what you were born with thru an honest, hard working life.

I feel bad for people that can't find work thru no fault of their own:

- I have no sympathy for people that can't find work because they can't pass a drug test.
- I have no sympathy for people that have no food - but they drive an Escalade.
- I have no sympathy for people that can't afford health insurance - but have plenty of $$$ for drugs and alcohol.

I have ultimate sympathy for the children - they don't choose their parents but get caught in the middle of bad choices.

Edited by Davis83, 28 July 2011 - 06:08 PM.

#32 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,958 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

Authoritarian centrist.

#33 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,925 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

No labels for me, i am my own person :) ...but if anything i guess you could say i would moreso fall under the anarchist category than anything else at this point. I do not agree with the heirarchies in our societal structures and believe everyone is equal and no better than anyone else. The system however has breeded this class-warfare mentality from the beginning, based on intentionally forced false preceptions of life in general, specifically the steps we all take at face value from cradle to grave, and doing whatever it takes to get to the top of the heap in the rat race...which in turn influences more division.

Modern day political ideologies in correspondence with their parties is nothing more than a psyop designed to divided the populace and keep us at ends. This keeps us distracted by arguing amongst eachother, thus relinquishing our power as "we the people," putting us in an inferior position to the state. It's not about left or right or these trivial issues propagated by the main stream media designed to infuence more seperation. It's about freedom, period...and sadly enough, not one of the mainstream political parties, Republicans, Democrats, or Libertarians, truly represent this ideal. Ron Paul, Gary Johnson and Dennis Kucinich seem to be about as close as it gets...at least as far as the current systems go.

Edited by venom, 28 July 2011 - 06:23 PM.

#34 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:09 PM

I don't have deep religious views, I believe in being honest and respectful of my elders. I believe women hold a special place in the family unit and deserve respect. I believe you work to make money to ensure your families well being - not to buy fancy things to show off.

I have no problem with the Gov helping the needy - but I believe there is a limit. Financial help should be a stepping stone to the recipients getting back on track - it should not be a career.

I believe that your life can improve beyond what you were born with thru an honest, hard working life.

- I have no sympathy for people that can't find work because they can't pass a drug test.
- I have no sympathy for people that can't afford health insurance - but have plenty of $$$ for drugs and alcohol.

I have ultimate sympathy for the children - they don't choose their parents but get caught in the middle of bad choices.

This

#35 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

I am libertarian because I am rich and want to keep my money from those greedy welfare queens

#36 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

I try to be a good person, I really do, but I'm so easily convinced by these stereotypes that were invented just to influence me and I let them control my opinions even though they account for maybe .001% of actual people.

#37 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:29 PM

Stereotypes are mostly true overgeneralizations about a group of people.

#38 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:04 PM

Grew up with two hard working middle class parents. Saw my dad work 14 hrs. a day delivering bread and coming home telling me stories like, "this guy tried to buy dog food with food stamps and they told him it wasn't allowed, so then he just went back to the meat aisle and bought 10lbs. of hamburger to feed his dog."

My parents were democrats and still are but they can't understand why I lean right. Every government program we start ends up corrupt and inefficient full of waste and people abusing it. Then the people employed by it do nothing but justify their jobs no matter what to keep the program going.

Government should do a few things and do them well, and the govt. does too much with too many people nowadays on assistance than should be.

#39 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:41 PM

Centrist. On social/international issues I generally am more left leaning, but when it comes to economics I generally lean more towards the right.

#40 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:56 AM

but I saw that hard work and determination, not the government, can get you out of it.

See, I'm not saying hard work is worthless and means nothing. I'm saying that there are many cases where poor folks can work themselves to death and never escape poverty.

also believe a lot of disadvantages are hard-wired in to the system and are inherently invisible, which holds back people, no matter how hard they work or how well they follow the law.

This. Could not have said it better myself.

#41 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:00 AM

I try to be a good person, I really do, but I'm so easily convinced by these stereotypes that were invented just to influence me and I let them control my opinions even though they account for maybe .001% of actual people.

I wish it was only 10 percent of actual people.

#42 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

I am a Decepticon.
Why? Because they're more badass than the Autobots.

#43 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:42 PM

Stereotypes are mostly true overgeneralizations about a group of people.

how is an overgeneralization "mostly true?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com