Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Biggest Losers: Carolina

111 posts in this topic

Posted

GetMeOutOfthisThread.gif

Posted

Read it, disagree, moved on. Still like Grantland (Bill Simmons didn't write that btw).

Posted

LOOOOOOOOOOL!............Im not surprised at this at all.....whatever.

Posted

#1-The only thing about Grantland that is worth a fug is Bill Simmons, and not because of his great insight but because he is funny with some insight.

#2-If another team had gone out and secured the #1 pass rusher, #1 RB, #2-3 OLB availabe, all within the first 48 hours of the "season", ESPN would be tripping. Hurney might be having to pay a little extra to keep great players on a bad team, but he is signing the guys everyone else coveted.

#3- The only thing worth reading on Grantland is Bill Simmons .

1 person likes this

Posted

biggest_loser_pic_1.jpg

Posted

Opinions are like assholes...

The only move I was a bit surprised by was giving Davis 5 years... but not to the extent this guy is. Time will tell.

Posted

I agree with most of that to be honest.

Posted

Agreed with the post above about Olindo Mare - no way you give that guy a $12M contract. Otherwise, just a hater.

Posted

biggest_loser_pic_1.jpg

jake.jpg

Posted

He's right about the Davis contract. Makes no sense.

The DWill contract won't be decided this year unless he misses a lot of games again with injury.

lol at people wildly panning Grantland because they aren't being nice to your favorite team. Get a grip you pansies.

Posted

haters-gonna-hate-monkey-crossed%20legs-1291945299k.jpg

What the hell else was we supposed to do?

We're supposed to ignore our current talent (including a RB that helped get us to the playoffs in 2008) and sign every big name available and assemble the Super Team of NFL Glory, and win a Superbowl this year.

/sarcasm

Posted

Firstly, attacking the TD signing is silly. Clearly, we have some kind of safety net on the deal in case he gets injured again.

Secondly, I agree with the Mare part, if it weren't with such a condescending douche bag tone.

Lastly, I can understand someone saying we may have overpaid a bit, but to say we didn't improve ourselves by doing so is ludicrous.

If any of these guys had gone to any other team, the media would automatically deem that team "improved."

I think the media is generally upset that these players "turned down the oppurtunity" to go play for a team like Dallas or New England or whoever, after the media has spent the whole offseason making Richardson the bad guy in the whole CBA deal..They really expected these players to get the heck outta dodge asap, and now they are just confused and frustrated when their opinions on the issue turned out to be false..

Afterall, who is more likely to garner attention from the media... New England Patriot DeAngelo Williams, or Carolina Panther DeAngelo Williams..?

They are just confused that our big name guys didn't care for the glitz and glamor..

1 person likes this