Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers have acquired Greg Olsen!(Update For #3rd Round Pick in 2012)

1,457 posts in this topic

Posted

hey bears fans tell us how much greg olsen sucked and how hes not going to get a touchdown and ruin the team and spraypaint the word ass on all the chairs in our stadium one night

i doubt they will. Bears fans liked Olsen and should like him, he is a classy guy who was in an offense that didnt really use him and didnt complain. the Bears liked Olsen and so did the head coach, but Martz isnt known for using his tight ends.

Posted

Hands down Panthers are better at RB position, what I was saying is that Forte is still an elite back and for people to say that your backups are better is ridiculous.

Not making excuses but our OL is atrocious. Its not an excuse when last year it was the worst in the league. For Forte to be as efficient given our OL and mediocre WR he is a great RB given the pieces. What I dont understand is that people are counting the numbers of rush yards and saying oh well if he had as many carries hed be higher, the fact is Forte still gets a ridiculous amount of yards from scrimmage comparable to elite backs.

I originally came to this site wishing you guys luck and said that Olsen was a good addition, I simply said you had some pieces left to become contenders adn people automatically start thinking im a troll and start talking crap. All I was asking was for fans to be realistic and instead I hear nonsense about the Panthers having nearly every position compared to the Bears. I wasn't intending on any of this I just thought it amusing that fans really thought that way. I guess I give some respect for a fan of the Panthers to have so much confidence when their team was so bad last year. Kudos.

we've got holes but all teams do. the thing is, our roster is much better than 2-14. if you had watched much of the team last year, you would have seen two things: piss poor coaching and terrible quarterback play (in no small part due to the piss poor coaching)

as to people reacting negatively come on you're on a forum for another team, of course they're going to be optimistic. the offseason is when every fan thinks their team can make the superbowl.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hands down Panthers are better at RB position, what I was saying is that Forte is still an elite back and for people to say that your backups are better is ridiculous.

Not making excuses but our OL is atrocious. Its not an excuse when last year it was the worst in the league. For Forte to be as efficient given our OL and mediocre WR he is a great RB given the pieces. What I dont understand is that people are counting the numbers of rush yards and saying oh well if he had as many carries hed be higher, the fact is Forte still gets a ridiculous amount of yards from scrimmage comparable to elite backs.

I originally came to this site wishing you guys luck and said that Olsen was a good addition, I simply said you had some pieces left to become contenders adn people automatically start thinking im a troll and start talking crap. All I was asking was for fans to be realistic and instead I hear nonsense about the Panthers having nearly every position compared to the Bears. I wasn't intending on any of this I just thought it amusing that fans really thought that way. I guess I give some respect for a fan of the Panthers to have so much confidence when their team was so bad last year. Kudos.

Here's my story, and I'm sticking to it:

Last year was one great big muthafuging hiccup!

We are a talented team, the media and opposing fans, alike, have forgotten, but they won't be forgetting in 2012.

Posted

hestershere23 do you consider the olsen trade for a 3rd rounder to be a good move by the bears front office?

Posted

I seen the preview of this post before getting in here. Said " Panthers have aquired Greg Ol.... I said NO FUGGING WAY!!! Things keep getting better.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jeez, you are a whiny bitch troll. I bet Saltman's goats would kick your ass all over the bridge, even the little one. Shutup already, your on a Panthers forum and we are feeling good about our team right now. We don't need some pizza eating fat ass from Chicago telling us how awesome he thinks his team is. So shutup and go cook some fuging fish sticks in the microwave or make a mayo sadwich or whatever it is you do on a Thursday night.

Before you make assumptions or stereotypes how about you read the posts before you say something? I originally came in to wish you guys luck and said that Olsen was a great addition and said a simple comment about you guys were in the right direction but a long way to go and I hear nothing but crap-talk about how the Bears were overrated and that the Panthers were better at every position... My intentions were never to talk bad about the team, but fans on this site automatically assumed that. Feel free to read my first comments. I never was trying to talk crap, but fans took it that way.

Posted

Hi let me welcome you here and let me tell you that some of our Fanbase automatically thinks adding Olsen makes us divison winners despite the fact we have a rookie QB and no real #2 WR even though either Gettis or Lafell can show up this year.

Also I think Stew has the potential to be a better than Forte, he jjust hasn't gotten the chance to.

Nonetheless sorry about how some of the members are treating you and hope you have a good season. (Except for when you play us)

1 person likes this

Posted

the only reason Stewart is a backup is due to DeAngelo Williams being there, Stewart would be a starter on almost any NFL team, but he's not a starter in Carolina because they have Williams, but they use them both about the same time. i like Stewart better, but i think Forte is a better all around back because he's more proven, Stewart and Williams for that matter havent been used as pass catchers like Forte has because Fox doesnt use his backs as pass catchers.

1 person likes this

Posted

HH23, ignore the trolls. just explain to us how your GM could be such a simpering fool

Posted

I think by backups he meant Goodson/Sutton, neither of which are as good as Forte.

Posted

Get back to me when Forte can do this...

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah I made the NJP appreciation thread *note I put a (?) in the title*

Now lock that mothafugger

Seriously wtf have you been smoking? Have you heard of twitter? just razzin ya but damn and appreciation thread?

1 person likes this