Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Panthers have acquired Greg Olsen!(Update For #3rd Round Pick in 2012)

• Please log in to reply
1450 replies to this topic

#1291 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,193 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

Forte starts and gets damn near every carry.
Stewart splits carries with another one of the best RB in the NFL and still puts up big numbers.

Stewart > Forte

Honestly, I think that Stewart is a significantly stronger (literally and figuratively) and better runner than Forte---much better. The ONLY thing that keeps the two in the same conversation is playing time, first and foremost, and, secondly, Forte's ability to catch.

If I had to bet, I would say that Stewart will last longer than Forte, and ulitmately will have a more glorious career.

See how great minds think alike? You won't get that kind of analytical thought on a Bears board (or a Saints board);)

#1292 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,730 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

hey bears fans tell us how much greg olsen sucked and how hes not going to get a touchdown and ruin the team and spraypaint the word ass on all the chairs in our stadium one night

#1293 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,664 posts

Who f*cking reps you?

#1294 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

As for Forte, he's a really good back and is a better pass catcher than Stewart (or at least proven), but i think Stewart, when healthy, is a tad better and so is DeAngelo, but Forte is really good and is a PROVEN all around back, he runs and catches. Forte is on the right team for him.

#1295 HestersHere23

HestersHere23

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

Forte is good but he's really a push between either Stew or D-Wil alone, but together and with Goodson/Sutton the group of them just make our backfield better than yours. The reality is that you need more than one quality back in this league or you'll wear the treads off of your star runner far too quickly.

Forte plays in an offense geared around a back catching the ball out of the backfield. To try to characterize a John Fox offense with the words "catching the ball" would be a joke in and of itself. Despite this, Stew is averaging only .2 yards less per reception than Forte, and D-Will is just under a yard less. Of course, if you look at their rushing statistics they blow the living poo out of Forte's, but again, totally different offenses.

Ultimately all three of those players are absolutely amazing backs, but the depth of the Panthers is what puts them ahead of the Bears when it comes to the RB position.

Hands down Panthers are better at RB position, what I was saying is that Forte is still an elite back and for people to say that your backups are better is ridiculous.

Not making excuses but our OL is atrocious. Its not an excuse when last year it was the worst in the league. For Forte to be as efficient given our OL and mediocre WR he is a great RB given the pieces. What I dont understand is that people are counting the numbers of rush yards and saying oh well if he had as many carries hed be higher, the fact is Forte still gets a ridiculous amount of yards from scrimmage comparable to elite backs.

I originally came to this site wishing you guys luck and said that Olsen was a good addition, I simply said you had some pieces left to become contenders adn people automatically start thinking im a troll and start talking crap. All I was asking was for fans to be realistic and instead I hear nonsense about the Panthers having nearly every position compared to the Bears. I wasn't intending on any of this I just thought it amusing that fans really thought that way. I guess I give some respect for a fan of the Panthers to have so much confidence when their team was so bad last year. Kudos.

#1296 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

Who f*cking reps you?

Not me i Neg repped his ass too!

#1297 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:41 PM

hey bears fans tell us how much greg olsen sucked and how hes not going to get a touchdown and ruin the team and spraypaint the word ass on all the chairs in our stadium one night

i doubt they will. Bears fans liked Olsen and should like him, he is a classy guy who was in an offense that didnt really use him and didnt complain. the Bears liked Olsen and so did the head coach, but Martz isnt known for using his tight ends.

#1298 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,954 posts

Hands down Panthers are better at RB position, what I was saying is that Forte is still an elite back and for people to say that your backups are better is ridiculous.

Not making excuses but our OL is atrocious. Its not an excuse when last year it was the worst in the league. For Forte to be as efficient given our OL and mediocre WR he is a great RB given the pieces. What I dont understand is that people are counting the numbers of rush yards and saying oh well if he had as many carries hed be higher, the fact is Forte still gets a ridiculous amount of yards from scrimmage comparable to elite backs.

I originally came to this site wishing you guys luck and said that Olsen was a good addition, I simply said you had some pieces left to become contenders adn people automatically start thinking im a troll and start talking crap. All I was asking was for fans to be realistic and instead I hear nonsense about the Panthers having nearly every position compared to the Bears. I wasn't intending on any of this I just thought it amusing that fans really thought that way. I guess I give some respect for a fan of the Panthers to have so much confidence when their team was so bad last year. Kudos.

we've got holes but all teams do. the thing is, our roster is much better than 2-14. if you had watched much of the team last year, you would have seen two things: piss poor coaching and terrible quarterback play (in no small part due to the piss poor coaching)

as to people reacting negatively come on you're on a forum for another team, of course they're going to be optimistic. the offseason is when every fan thinks their team can make the superbowl.

#1299 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,193 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Here's my story, and I'm sticking to it:

Last year was one great big muthafuging hiccup!

We are a talented team, the media and opposing fans, alike, have forgotten, but they won't be forgetting in 2012.

#1300 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,730 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

hestershere23 do you consider the olsen trade for a 3rd rounder to be a good move by the bears front office?

#1301 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

I seen the preview of this post before getting in here. Said " Panthers have aquired Greg Ol.... I said NO FUGGING WAY!!! Things keep getting better.

#1302 HestersHere23

HestersHere23

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

Jeez, you are a whiny bitch troll. I bet Saltman's goats would kick your ass all over the bridge, even the little one. Shutup already, your on a Panthers forum and we are feeling good about our team right now. We don't need some pizza eating fat ass from Chicago telling us how awesome he thinks his team is. So shutup and go cook some fuging fish sticks in the microwave or make a mayo sadwich or whatever it is you do on a Thursday night.

Before you make assumptions or stereotypes how about you read the posts before you say something? I originally came in to wish you guys luck and said that Olsen was a great addition and said a simple comment about you guys were in the right direction but a long way to go and I hear nothing but crap-talk about how the Bears were overrated and that the Panthers were better at every position... My intentions were never to talk bad about the team, but fans on this site automatically assumed that. Feel free to read my first comments. I never was trying to talk crap, but fans took it that way.

#1303 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

Hi let me welcome you here and let me tell you that some of our Fanbase automatically thinks adding Olsen makes us divison winners despite the fact we have a rookie QB and no real #2 WR even though either Gettis or Lafell can show up this year.

Also I think Stew has the potential to be a better than Forte, he jjust hasn't gotten the chance to.

Nonetheless sorry about how some of the members are treating you and hope you have a good season. (Except for when you play us)

#1304 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

the only reason Stewart is a backup is due to DeAngelo Williams being there, Stewart would be a starter on almost any NFL team, but he's not a starter in Carolina because they have Williams, but they use them both about the same time. i like Stewart better, but i think Forte is a better all around back because he's more proven, Stewart and Williams for that matter havent been used as pass catchers like Forte has because Fox doesnt use his backs as pass catchers.

#1305 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,730 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

HH23, ignore the trolls. just explain to us how your GM could be such a simpering fool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.