Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All rookies signed except Cam, Fua as of 11:15

52 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Via twitter:

billvoth Bill Voth

#Panthers unsigned draft picks as of 11:15: Cam Newton, Sione Fua.

Posted · Report post

Seriously, what the hell is taking so long to sign Cam.

Posted · Report post

I figured Cam would be one of the first signed with the new rookie cap. Since there's still an, albeit small, amount of negotiation possible, maybe the Panthers aren't wanting to pay him the maximum contract?

Posted · Report post

even w/ the new rookie wage scale.....Cam is the first QB taken #1 overall. That still isn't an easy one to do. People will be using this deal for comparison down the road.

Posted · Report post

i thought i read somewhere that his agent was trying to get his contract fully guaranteed

Posted · Report post

the debate is whether or not to have all his money guaranteed. even if it is, it's less than half of what was guaranteed to guys like bradshaw.

i really don't think that newton will miss any practice or meeting time with the team.

Posted · Report post

Come on Cam... let's not start out like this...

Posted · Report post

i thought i read somewhere that his agent was trying to get his contract fully guaranteed

Yeah, I read that somewhere too.

Well, contract negotiations can be prickly. Newton's contract is going to be the first of it's kind. We'll have to see what happens.

Posted · Report post

marty will get it done by the end of the day...i have faith in him

Posted · Report post

Come on Cam... let's not start out like this...

Start out like what?

He's going to be the first overall pick affected by the Rookie salary cap. It's got to be a tough thing to put into paper. Any way it goes, he's going to get the shaft compared to contracts in the past. I'm sure they want to make sure he gets treated well, and are having some issues ironing out the details.

No big deal as long as he's at camp. Did he show today?

Now... if he doesn't show for camp... then it's a problem.

Posted · Report post

Via twitter:

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora

Cam Newton's deal closing in as well. Fully expected to be completed soon and worth about $23M for 4yrs guaranteed

Posted · Report post

Don't make the mistake of putting all your eggs in one basket. Cam is an exceptional talent, but so was Jamarcus Russell. I'm not saying that this will the case, and I don't think it will be so myself. The Panthers just need to be smart and make him earn his keep!

Cam, be the man that I know you will be and compromise to get this contract done!

1 person likes this