#31 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,086 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:07 PM

Edwards won't top 6 sacks next season. Allen and the Williams wall demanded double teams and attention on every play. Edwards was the weak link and was treated as such.

CJ was the only DL player worth a crap last season. He was double teamed constantly and still had more sacks, tackles, and hurries that Edwards will ever dream of seeing. Our offense was so bad that teams chose to primarily run against us....and he still managed those stats.

Edwards in a good player, but will prove to be nowhjere near as good as people thinks without the supporting cast.

#32 atljbo

atljbo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:07 PM

lol.. you guys are too funny... Cant even admit we got a good DE for a good deal..

#33 atljbo

atljbo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

Edwards won't top 6 sacks next season. Allen and the Williams wall demanded double teams and attention on every play. Edwards was the weak link and was treated as such.

CJ was the only DL player worth a crap last season. He was double teamed constantly and still had more sacks, tackles, and hurries that Edwards will ever dream of seeing. Our offense was so bad that teams chose to primarily run against us....and he still managed those stats.

Edwards in a good player, but will prove to be nowhjere near as good as people thinks without the supporting cast.

John Abraham is just as good as Jared Allen as a pass rusher.... Babs is just as good as Kevin Williams as a pass rusher... Pat Williams does not even rush the passer on pass rushing downs...

So come on

#34 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,086 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

Dude...you need to put that crack pipe away. The Atlanta DL has no one that would start in Minnesota.

One thing you can count on every year....the Falcons defense will still suck ass.

#35 BlanksKarma

BlanksKarma

Falcons Loser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

How does it taste?

Settling for a DE that not many Falcon fans wanted..... simply because CJ didn't want anything to do with the Falcons?

Sorry, but I think the $72 Million had more to do with re-signing with Carolina than him "not wanting anything to do with the Falcons"

#36 SoCalFalconFan

SoCalFalconFan

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

It's hilarious that you Panther's fans are saying Edwards was only good because he was on a good D line. Well, he's going from one good line to another. Babineaux is the best DT in this division. Abraham is the best DE in this division. Jerry has something to prove this year, I admit. But he has the potential. I'm just saying, that's weak reasoning.

#37 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

Good get by the Falcons.
They will be strong next season.

#38 SoCalFalconFan

SoCalFalconFan

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

This was a very frugal deal by anyone's standards. 5 yrs 30 mil, 11 guaranteed. Bargain.

#39 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

John Abraham is just as good as Jared Allen as a pass rusher.... Babs is just as good as Kevin Williams as a pass rusher
So come on

At this point in his Career Abe is not what he was, Babs is not as good as Kevin Williams

#40 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

How does it taste?

Settling for a DE that not many Falcon fans wanted..... simply because CJ didn't want anything to do with the Falcons?

CJ has a lot of ties to GA. His family wanted him to be a Falcon.

#41 KatOMine

KatOMine

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

Yea a lot of fans lack objectivity.

Every thing their team does is great, and were the next best thing...

Ever move a opposing team makes is stupid, or the player is overrated, won't work out ect.

Not all, but most.

I agree. I hate the Falcons but a good player is a good player. He is a good player and on the cheap too! I hate it!

#42 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,086 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:46 PM

Edwards took that frugal deal because every GM out there knew exactly why he had decent numbers. He was the beneficiary of playing on the best DL in football.

Why do you think the Vikings let him go if that is all it would take to keep him.

He is a good player...but not the great steal that you think.

#43 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:47 PM

I'm glad they got ray Edwards, I seem to remember johnathan Stewart getting a lot of his 200 yards by running to his side of the field during the 09' game.

#44 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

Edwards took that frugal deal because every GM out there knew exactly why he had decent numbers. He was the beneficiary of playing on the best DL in football.

Why do you think the Vikings let him go if that is all it would take to keep him.

He is a good player...but not the great steal that you think.

So everytime a team signs a player at a resonable rate or @ a value that means that player can't become a force in that system??

#45 caddieman

caddieman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

So everytime a team signs a player at a resonable rate or @ a value that means that player can't become a force in that system??

Some people are blind! Hey I can admit that you guys made a great deal on your TE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.