Photo
- - - - -

Atlanta signed Ray edwards

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

#76 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

This is obviously a touchy subject for you, so I'll be nice and just say that what I'm talking about, not overrating a different team, has nothing to do with homerism. To accurately label me a homer, I'd have had to be talking up my own team, not telling it how I see it about a different team.

Calm down, take your ritalin and try again.

#77 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:56 AM

This is obviously a touchy subject for you, so I'll be nice and just say that what I'm talking about, not overrating a different team, has nothing to do with homerism. To accurately label me a homer, I'd have had to be talking up my own team, not telling it how I see it about a different team.

Calm down, take your ritalin and try again.

Not really. Stupidity just bothers me. Ever seen that movie "Idiocracy"? That's where we're heading when people like you breed. To accurately label you a homer you wouldn't have to be taking up for your own team. You could be hating on a rival. Telling it how you see it from baby blue colored glasses

#78 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:59 AM

lol ok kid, whatever you say. I've never given credit to division rivals. You definitely have me pegged.

#79 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

Abe is one of the best pass rushers in the league... Dude is what he was... I dont know how long it will last but he has not dropped off.

With Babs and Williams... Go watch the tape... You dont have to take my opinion or anyone else... But if you want to go by last year stats

Kevin Williams who had a down year - 39 takles, 1 sack, 1 FF

Jonathan Babineaux - 27 takles, 4 sack, 2 FF

Its more then about sacks... 2 times out of the last 3 seasons Babs has led DT's in tackles for loss.

I'm not just saying this because these guys play for my team... If a guy sucked ill say he sucked...

Correction....Abe WAS one of the best pass rushers in the league.

#80 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

Babs is the most underrated DT in the NFL. When i say he's a pro bowler i mean he's pro bowl worthy. I've found many rival fans to say the same about him. Maybe you should not be such a homer. I'm not going to lie i have my moments also but give credit where it's due.

So he is a pro bowler becaue some nothing Falcons fan thinks he is pro bowl worthy? Got it.

That is ridiculous even for a Falcons fan.

#81 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

Correction....Abe WAS one of the best pass rushers in the league.

Since 08 Abe is 3rd in the NFL in pressures while notching 35 sacks.

Only Ware, Allen, and Harrison had more sacks 2 of which are LBs in a 3-4. And unless Jason Taylor is still playing i believe Abe is at the top of the active sack list.

Edited by Falcons1stPanthers2nd, 31 July 2011 - 01:08 PM.

#82 SoCalFalconFan

SoCalFalconFan

ROOKIE

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

Abraham has never been the best DE in the division. That's been a Panther since the NFC South was created (with the possible exception of '07 when Peppers got moved to the wrong side and decided to pout about it). Last year it was CJ, the 8 before that it was Peppers.

Never said he has always been the best in the division. As far as last year goes, you must have your fact confused. Look at the stats:

Abe 13 sacks 5 PDef 1 Int 2 FF
Johnson 11.5 sacks 0 PDef 0 Int 1 FF

CJ had about 20 more tackles and more assists. Are those the stats that put him over the top of Abraham last season? Try again, Homer.

#83 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

Edwards was a good get.
Not an elite DE IMO, but a solid contributor.

#84 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:31 AM

Never said he has always been the best in the division. As far as last year goes, you must have your fact confused. Look at the stats:

Abe 13 sacks 5 PDef 1 Int 2 FF
Johnson 11.5 sacks 0 PDef 0 Int 1 FF

CJ had about 20 more tackles and more assists. Are those the stats that put him over the top of Abraham last season? Try again, Homer.

I never said you said he always was the best in the division, I was pointing out how at no point has he ever been the best. Abraham may possibly be a better pure pass rusher (debatable) but CJ is the better total DE. I'm sure we could both throw different stats to prove our points:

Pass Rushing Productivity, Edge Rushers, Top 20, 2010
Rank Player Pos. Team Pass Rushing Snaps Total QB Disruptions PRP
1 Tamba Hali OLB KC 583 103 14.07
2 Charles Johnson DE CAR 481 81 13.25
3 Ray Edwards DE MIN 416 69 12.98
4 Lamarr Woodley OLB PIT 504 82 12.80
5 DeMarcus Ware OLB DAL 509 79 12.38
6 Antwan Barnes DE SD 202 32 12.38
7 John Abraham DE ATL 392 60 12.37

but at the end of the day, if you ask me, I'll take CJ over Abraham 10 times out of 10. And Panther fans aren't the only ones with that opinion. So how bout you try again, homer.

#85 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:20 AM

With arguably the best DL in the NFL playing beside him and demanding the majority of attention in blocking...

The signing I'm more concerned with in our division is Darren Sproles. Our ST better be on point.

Off topic but...
the free agent signing i am most concerned with is the Def. Tackle that the Saints just picked up. they already have a good offense, and they have been steadily improving on defense for the past few years.