Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lilsmitty09

Cam Newton Interview Earlier Today

29 posts in this topic

When we drafted Cam I was one that was really upset and opposed to it. Let me be the first to say I was a douche for doubting. The kid WILL be great because he has the desire to be great and has a great personality. And even if he was to turn out a bust, I would rather draft a bust like Cam, a good guy at heart, than a bust like Leaf who was just an Dbag. Oh, and he will not be a bust. I am 110% a believer! Can't wait to get this thing started!

I can't wait to see Cam take the field and start to take a leadership stake in this team. It won't happen overnight, but he will make himself into the best possible professional quarterback that he can be. This is going to be a fun ride.

The guy is one of the most personable athletes I have ever seen. I really think he is going to be a great QB for us. The way he carries himself reminds me of Donovan McNabb (who I think is one of the classiest QBs ever to play). He sees the fun in the game and realizes that he has been put in an incredible situation.

It really impressed me when he said he knew the money would take care of itself if he played well and that when he picked his agent, from the beginning he instructed them that he didn't want a holdout. Very mature for a 22 year old.

I like the way he says MY team not THE team. If anything he is ready to come in and give his all to be the starting guy.

When we drafted Cam I was one that was really upset and opposed to it. Let me be the first to say I was a douche for doubting.

The thing is that many who doubted had reason to doubt from what they had been hearing and reading reported about him.

Which, as most can see now, was totally unfair and inaccurate.

Now that you've been able to get less "filtered" news about him and seen him yourself in multiple interviews, you've changed your mind. And stepped up and admitted that what you thought previously was wrong.

To your credit. :cheers2:

A year ago, Cam was just about to start spring practice at Auburn.

A year later, he is taking interviews as a Carolina Panther!

I love it.

For one reason or another, I get the feeling we are going to destroy the Cards week 1.

How poetic would that be? The Cardinals started us on this downward spiral in that playoff game, particularly with our QB. I'd love nothing more than for Cam to put on a show in the desert and for us to blow them out.

Would also be great if we could somehow force 5 INT's out of Kolb :lol:

The thing is that many who doubted had reason to doubt from what they had been hearing and reading reported about him.

Which, as most can see now, was totally unfair and inaccurate.

Now that you've been able to get less "filtered" news about him and seen him yourself in multiple interviews, you've changed your mind. And stepped up and admitted that what you thought previously was wrong.

To your credit. :cheers2:

No you never had reason to doubt him, you just ate exactly what BSPN fed to you. I was a student at Auburn last year and it was ridiculous to see outsiders making judgements on Cam when they had no idea what kind of a person he was. Your organization got lucky. He's a hell of a football player and possibly a better person. He is kind, generous and level-headed. I'm telling you, he WILL be a star in the NFL because he has the work ethic, drive and natural God-given talent. Glad Panthers fans who were pessimistic are coming around.

You won't find a harder working QB. WarPanthers!

I see he's rockin' the backpack like Kevin Durant!:cool:

You have to love what he said about age not equaling leadership. Some players just have the swag to be leaders on day one. I remember after we drafted Beason. His whole rookie season they talked about how vocal and what a good leader he was. We see how that turned out....

I dont think that it is a big deal, but i dont like Cam wearing #1. I think that it puts an unessisary target on his back, or added pressure.

Here's my take on it.... after listening to the interview.

I think that Cam COULD have easily paid Clausen the money and gotten his #2.

He said "I would rather start OVER with another number". Warren Moon (his mentor) wore #1. I think he went home overnight, thought about it, and said let's do this. I don't think he wanted #2 all that bad and is ready for a new start. #2 signifies his times earlier in his life and at Auburn. #1 is his pro career. I think he's ready to wear it his whole career and have it be what personifies him. I wouldn't be surprised a bit if he did it to be like his mentor Warren Moon. I think #1 fits him better.

That's my thinking behind it. And I THINK he'll stay with #1 his whole panthers career. Especially if Pickles is here just beyond this year.

• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    black-n-blue

1. 1
    2. 2
      SCP
      SCP
    3. 3
    4. 4