Photo
- - - - -

Cam Newton Interview Earlier Today

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#25 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

Literally Can't Even

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

no lie i was on youtube earlier today and i found your videos from yesterday's practices and said, huh, i lilsmitty puts stuff like this up often, I wonder if he did it...

the internet is a magical place.

#26 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

So, Cam wanted #2 and Jimmy threw out a $$ amount and Cam is wearing #1

what the hell kinda money we talking about????

Jimmy was trying to save face. He should have said, "I will give you #2 if you donate $10K to the Charlotte United Way."

They announce it together. Everybody wins.

#27 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

This comes to mind. People compare Cam to Michael Vick, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell. I suppose I did too. However, I was not comparing skin color as accused, I was comparing skill sets. I put The Golden Calf of Bristol in the group as well, along with Ryan Leaf from a while back.

What will separate Cam (and probably The Golden Calf of Bristol) from those mentioned above (MVick I not MVick II) is work ethic. Vick admitted he goofed off, Young took goofing off to the next level, and Russell was lazy before he got paid. They didn't aspire to be great, in their minds they already were, to such a degree that rules and schedules didn't apply to them. Cam, with all the negative publicity, mostly deserved, gave many of us that impression. I do not think we were wrong--I think Cam grew up and put his priorities in order. He started listening to the right people. Now, I would compare him to Josh Freeman, Steve McNair, and maybe even Steve Young.

He grew up, while Young is being force to, even thought I do not think he gets it yet. Vick learned the hard way too, but he learned.

#28 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

Jimmy was trying to save face. He should have said, "I will give you #2 if you donate $10K to the Charlotte United Way."

They announce it together. Everybody wins.

Jimmy was a first class jerk off about it.

Kind of hope that somehow he's cut in camp so cam gets his # for free if he wants it anyways.

You're right, Clausen only wanted it because Cam did, he has no attachment with the number 2. He had no reason to be this way. Truly acted like a spoiled child who only wanted the toy because another kid wanted same toy.

#29 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

Jimmy was a first class jerk off about it.

Kind of hope that somehow he's cut in camp so cam gets his # for free if he wants it anyways.

You're right, Clausen only wanted it because Cam did, he has no attachment with the number 2. He had no reason to be this way. Truly acted like a spoiled child who only wanted the toy because another kid wanted same toy.

He blew a great chance to take the high road. Not to say Cam earned it, but it is ironic that the #2 JC so coveted became his scarlet letter when Cam took #1.