Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catman's 7/30 training camp practice observations

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Great to have you back out there CatMan! This is what I've been waiting for man!

Wanted to ask you though, did Smitty look back to his old explosive form? Or does he look like he's losing some of that athleticism (as I thought last year) and learning to play around it?

Posted

I will also say that JStew looked much more quick than I'm used to seeing... when he practiced at all in the past, it always seemed to me that he was holding back. I know Gross said on the radio that other day that Stew seemed to be running better than ever and I could see what he mean, not used to seeing Stew run with that much quickness.

Posted

Great to have you back out there CatMan! This is what I've been waiting for man!

Wanted to ask you though, did Smitty look back to his old explosive form? Or does he look like he's losing some of that athleticism (as I thought last year) and learning to play around it?

Smitty looked good to me, very aggressive and totally beat the man covering him on several occasions.

Posted

Yup, he really impressed me today (apparently he impressed Person and others as well). He looked like a WR, made one spectacular catch and several really nice catches, looked very smooth and quick.

this seems like a far cry from when fan were saying Kealoha Pilares was going to be ahead of armanti on the depth chart and he might be cut. speaking of cut, does anyone think he'll be cut now?

Posted

Oh yeah, was Pilares out there? I know there was a question about his MCL or something around combine time...

Posted

Oh yeah, was Pilares out there? I know there was a question about his MCL or something around combine time...

Pilares looked very quick to me, on one particular play he ran a slant route and totally left the man covering him in the dust.

Having said that, if Armanti continues to perform the way he did today I have no doubt that he will see some major playing time this year.

Posted

I will also say that JStew looked much more quick than I'm used to seeing... when he practiced at all in the past, it always seemed to me that he was holding back. I know Gross said on the radio that other day that Stew seemed to be running better than ever and I could see what he mean, not used to seeing Stew run with that much quickness.

I think because of the lockout, his foot and ankle are completely healthy since before he was in college.

Posted

Catman, good stuff as always when you are teh huddle spy.

Posted

Pilares looked very quick to me, on one particular play he ran a slant route and totally left the man covering him in the dust.

Having said that, if Armanti continues to perform the way he did today I have no doubt that he will see some major playing time this year.

Planing on going to the 6 o'clock practice tomorrow catman. anything i should know arival time,parking, good seats,tips etc? thanks.

Posted

Thanks CatMan!

I' hoping we're able to hold onto both Armanti and Pilares on the active roster... From everything I've seen/heard about Pilares, I think he has potential to be a lot like Smitty.

Posted

Planing on going to the 6 o'clock practice tomorrow catman. anything i should know arival time,parking, good seats,tips etc? thanks.

Not much to tell, there was a large crowd there tonight but I had no trouble parking, etc... everything seemed to be very well organized.

Only thing I was say is bring a seat pad for yourself just in case they hold practice in the stadium again, those aluminum bleachers are not very forgiving...

Posted

Not much to tell, there was a large crowd there tonight but I had no trouble parking, etc... everything seemed to be very well organized.

Only thing I was say is bring a seat pad for yourself just in case they hold practice in the stadium again, those aluminum bleachers are not very forgiving...

I think today's practice was the only one that's going to be held in the stadium, right? I hope. The stadium felt so impersonal, where the practice field is very close to the players.