57 replies to this topic

#16 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:21 PM

Great stuff, dude!

Armanti as MVP? Man, this really is a new season.

#17 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,265 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

You were behind my wife and I when we were buying beer tickets and getting our wristbands. I think you guys even spoke. I thought you looked familiar from the pic I've seen on here but didn't feel like asking a stranger "are you Catman on the internetz?" Next time I'll say hello.

Ahhhh, okay - I noticed your kids had the face painting thing so I asked your wife where they got it because my daughter is all about the face painting... what a coincidence! LOL

Those $2 beers were nice! I was actually a little surprised to see they were serving beer there.

#18 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,265 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:24 PM

Great stuff, dude!

Armanti as MVP? Man, this really is a new season.

Yup, he really impressed me today (apparently he impressed Person and others as well). He looked like a WR, made one spectacular catch and several really nice catches, looked very smooth and quick.

#19 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,949 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:27 PM

Nice info, keep it up!

#20 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

Wait they were serving beers at camp? I know they have like a hot dog stand but I never remembered them having beer...holy hell this IS a new era!

#21 panther1

panther1

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

How would you compare todays practice to the typical boring Fox practice? Sounds like there was a lot of energy tonight?

#22 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,265 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

How would you compare todays practice to the typical boring Fox practice? Sounds like there was a lot of energy tonight?

There was a lot of energy tonight, guys were getting after it pretty hard... wouldn't be surprised if the coaches were telling them to pull back a little bit.

There was definately more energy this year than the 1st practice last year but I think a lot of that was generated by Cam's presence... the place was ready to explode every time he completed a pass and I'm sure the players could feel that.

#23 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,265 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

Wait they were serving beers at camp? I know they have like a hot dog stand but I never remembered them having beer...holy hell this IS a new era!

Yup, $2 beers @ a Panthers event... it is a new era!

#24 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,294 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:40 PM

That is sooo great to hear i almost wanna cry that we are ack to football after 2 miserable seasons and a lockout. thanks guys for the reports...

#25 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:52 PM

Great to have you back out there CatMan! This is what I've been waiting for man!

Wanted to ask you though, did Smitty look back to his old explosive form? Or does he look like he's losing some of that athleticism (as I thought last year) and learning to play around it?

#26 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,265 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:53 PM

I will also say that JStew looked much more quick than I'm used to seeing... when he practiced at all in the past, it always seemed to me that he was holding back. I know Gross said on the radio that other day that Stew seemed to be running better than ever and I could see what he mean, not used to seeing Stew run with that much quickness.

#27 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,265 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

Great to have you back out there CatMan! This is what I've been waiting for man!

Wanted to ask you though, did Smitty look back to his old explosive form? Or does he look like he's losing some of that athleticism (as I thought last year) and learning to play around it?

Smitty looked good to me, very aggressive and totally beat the man covering him on several occasions.

#28 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

Yup, he really impressed me today (apparently he impressed Person and others as well). He looked like a WR, made one spectacular catch and several really nice catches, looked very smooth and quick.

this seems like a far cry from when fan were saying Kealoha Pilares was going to be ahead of armanti on the depth chart and he might be cut. speaking of cut, does anyone think he'll be cut now?

#29 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

Oh yeah, was Pilares out there? I know there was a question about his MCL or something around combine time...

#30 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,265 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:01 PM

Oh yeah, was Pilares out there? I know there was a question about his MCL or something around combine time...

Pilares looked very quick to me, on one particular play he ran a slant route and totally left the man covering him in the dust.

Having said that, if Armanti continues to perform the way he did today I have no doubt that he will see some major playing time this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com