Photo
- - - - -

Are we becoming the 'Steelers' of the NFC?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:29 AM

I was under the impression that we have always used the Steeler's as the model. Draft well, keep your core, and have a quality QB. We just seem to deviate every so often. When we have had good QB play, we have been competitive. So I say, as a whole, we have done well. We just have not been so lucky where the QB position is concerned. Hopefully, we have solved that problem.

#17 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,188 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:29 AM

We have many bandwagon fans to go before we become the Steelers of the NFC.

#18 will9362greene

will9362greene

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

Hey guys why dont we sign another defensive end, a dt, cb, and a wr, the other steve smith? lol id just love to see how commentators would react to both steve smiths on the same team!

#19 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

The Steelers though have only had like 4 HC's in their entire history. I am hoping we look and see Ron still here 12-15 years from now. That consistency along with drafting extremely well, is why Pittsburgh is the best ran franchise in history.

That would be nice. I don't see it happening unless we make the playoffs at least 3 times in the next 5 years. Jerry has to be tired of missing the playoffs like we did under Fox. This every other year crap won't cut it. Make it two years in a row, maybe just miss the wild card, I think JR can handle. Going one year, then going 7-9 the next just won't do. It is a tall order. BUT, I do have a ton of faith in Rivera. I think he can flat out get the job done. Great attitude. Seems to know how to lead men.

#20 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

I could sure get behind that. Look at what's happening now, JR had a plan and is implementing it. Hell the man fired his own sons, if that isn't serious about changing your franchise I don't know what is.

We are bringing in some damn good coaches with really good established backgrounds. We are emphasizing great defense and running the ball. We are getting a QB that mostly will just not have to lose games, but from time to time will have to carry them as QB's do.

I don't know, but there is just something that I have been feeling or seeing since the Rivera hire and his coaching hires that makes me think JR is modeling this franchise after the Steelers somewhat. And honestly that isn't a bad way to go.

I think that we will be compaired to many other teams until our Panther Idenity has been established. Shhhhhh....I think I hear a Panther!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com