Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

July 31 Afternoon Practice.

244 posts in this topic

Better to get it right and not risk injuries. He is worth the wait.

1 person likes this

Well we are really going to be thin a DB now.

Better to get it right and not risk injuries. He is worth the wait.

Yup. See: Thomas Davis.

Problem is, we really needed him this year though.

daydreaming of armanti being a Wes Welker type in the slot.

Wow

just about to post that. I'm looking for a Bell article in USA Today soon.

I'm liking what I hear about Armanti, but I don't see him getting a lot of action being the 4th WR. Besides when we go 4 wide.

josephperson Joe Person

Cam throwing several balls hot, high and incomplete in 7-on-7 skeleton drill.

I know this has been discussed, but why is Gantt no longer a beat writer?

I used to work for the Observer 20 years ago in the sports dept. I filled in on weekends and summer vacations while I was in graduate school. A person I remained friends with said it dealt with ethics, and he led me to beleive the Panthers complained--but that is not confirmed--he did not know for sure. Very hush hush. He has been warned not to discuss it, to accept his new post. I am not sure how the continuation of covering the Panthers and releasing statements that are being picked up by national sources is viewed. He does not claim to be affiliated with any paper, and he has the right. However, there is friction, and he is keeping his name alive until he can find another position.

I asked him if it had anything to do with all the ASU/Armanti Edwards stuff, he said he did not think so, that could be related, but he added that more than a few of us noticed the homerism in his articles. I mentioned that he once wrote a seven-paragraph article about Edwards converting to WR as a Panther, and he mentioned ASU on 4 occasions. He laughed and said, "I am sure that was not intentional." I added, "The must have edited out the other two references." He laughed again. They liked Gantt. I met Gantt twice. He emailed me some info about OTA practice times and we talked there. Nice guy and good at his job.

Cam is expected to struggle without OTAs. That is why he should start mid-season.

josephperson Joe Person

Cam throwing several balls hot, high and incomplete in 7-on-7 skeleton drill.

carolinagrowl Steve Reed

Big, strong, good arm. Some throws great, some poor. Overall very well. Grade: B. RT @Gabeking: @carolinagrowl how is cam looking overall?

carolinagrowl Steve Reed

I'm told by a reliable source that CB Brandon Hogan's rookie season might be a wash. His torn ACL not near where it needs to be yet.

1 minute ag

This should NOT come as a surprise to anybody... If you watched the draft, they even said we'd be lucky to have him by week 10... They praised U's for picking a first round talent, then blasted U's for picking somebody that probably wouldn't even be a factor this year...

I'm not surprised... Neither should anyone here be. I actually LOL when sinebody posted that thread saying ^He Failed his physical.. I was like NO sh!t!

5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply » carolinagrowl Steve Reed

Big, strong, good arm. Some throws great, some poor. Overall very well. Grade: B. RT @Gabeking: @carolinagrowl how is cam looking overall?

1 minute ago