Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8-1 camp thread

410 posts in this topic

Posted

If this is Cam's beginning point we got a good one. I am VERY excited from what I am hearing

Posted

You think he could be our starting nickel?

I wouldn't say for sure, because like I said it is still the first day of pads. However, a lot of people are sleeping on the kid because he wasn't drafted and didn't run well in the 40.

If you watch tape on him in college though, he has "game speed". He is also a natural talent at getting to the ball and was always good at staying on the hip of the WR.

Actually, I wouldn't be suprised if he starts by year 2.

Posted

Not hearing much about Stew, any news on him?

He got stuffed on two plays

Posted

sounds like armanti's biggest problem is beating the jam. I'd like to hear about Burney Vs. Pilares .. or some of the other stronger receivers.

If that's Armanti's biggest problem, I'm fine with it. A receiver his size will be constantly in motion, and moving around behind the line, so he won't always have to worry about the initial jam from the cornerback.

Posted

Fun to watch the huddle bitch about actual football again. I really hope Jimmy starts to look better, as much as i don't ever want to see Pickles take the field, we all should be hoping for him to get better

1 person likes this

Posted

Sounds like we still are using check downs a little to much when another wide out is open.

Posted

I wouldn't say for sure, because like I said it is still the first day of pads. However, a lot of people are sleeping on the kid because he wasn't drafted and didn't run well in the 40.

If you watch tape on him in college though, he has "game speed". He is also a natural talent at getting to the ball and was always good at staying on the hip of the WR.

i agree. i was sold on his natural CB ability from watching him in the senior bowl. he could be a very nice UDFA grab. he's got really good instincts and he's a competitor. and from all accounts he is a bulldog in special teams play. that is the recipe for a roster spot to be sure.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tattoorhino Brian Allen

clausen great pass in traffic to 81

Tattoorhino Brian Allen

cam fumbles and re overs

Tattoorhino Brian Allen

Robinson had mcclain all day on that play

Sounds like the role's are being reversed know. Jimmy is excelling and Cam is struggling.

Posted

Tattoorhino Brian Allen

and that's it folks. they are stretching and then done. hope you enjoyed.

Thats a wrap!!!

Posted

If that's Armanti's biggest problem, I'm fine with it. A receiver his size will be constantly in motion, and moving around behind the line, so he won't always have to worry about the initial jam from the cornerback.

Thats true, I wasnt really saying that to slight armanti. More so to guage what Burney can do.

Posted

All I'm saying is I was promised a better passer, pure passer, than anyone who has come out recently. Coupled with all the work he's done with Weinke and Dorsey, I didn't expect Clausen level of play. He knows 90% of the playbook so I expect him to know where his receivers are and what his progressions should be.

I feel cheated and lied to.

Unless of course everyone blew up every report about him this offseason just so they could try and defend the pick and make it seem like he wasn't a project.

Are you kidding me? Cam was projected as a project, and many said he did not deserve to be a top 15 pick. You should understand that.. and no amount of running routes against air is going to prepare him for that. Joke.

Posted

Many, many thanks to the huddlers that took the time to be at training camp and post about what they were seeing.

We all owe you.

Stop by one of the tailgates this season and I will pay that debt with a cold one.

1 person likes this