• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#331 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

I wouldn't say for sure, because like I said it is still the first day of pads. However, a lot of people are sleeping on the kid because he wasn't drafted and didn't run well in the 40.

If you watch tape on him in college though, he has "game speed". He is also a natural talent at getting to the ball and was always good at staying on the hip of the WR.

i agree. i was sold on his natural CB ability from watching him in the senior bowl. he could be a very nice UDFA grab. he's got really good instincts and he's a competitor. and from all accounts he is a bulldog in special teams play. that is the recipe for a roster spot to be sure.

#332 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,639 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:23 PM

Tattoorhino Brian Allen
clausen great pass in traffic to 81

Tattoorhino Brian Allen
cam fumbles and re overs

Tattoorhino Brian Allen
Robinson had mcclain all day on that play

Sounds like the role's are being reversed know. Jimmy is excelling and Cam is struggling.

#333 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,639 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

Tattoorhino Brian Allen
and that's it folks. they are stretching and then done. hope you enjoyed.

Thats a wrap!!!

#334 CLG

CLG

I'ma Mac, Ur a PC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

If that's Armanti's biggest problem, I'm fine with it. A receiver his size will be constantly in motion, and moving around behind the line, so he won't always have to worry about the initial jam from the cornerback.

Thats true, I wasnt really saying that to slight armanti. More so to guage what Burney can do.

#335 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

All I'm saying is I was promised a better passer, pure passer, than anyone who has come out recently. Coupled with all the work he's done with Weinke and Dorsey, I didn't expect Clausen level of play. He knows 90% of the playbook so I expect him to know where his receivers are and what his progressions should be.

I feel cheated and lied to.

Unless of course everyone blew up every report about him this offseason just so they could try and defend the pick and make it seem like he wasn't a project.

Are you kidding me? Cam was projected as a project, and many said he did not deserve to be a top 15 pick. You should understand that.. and no amount of running routes against air is going to prepare him for that. Joke.

#336 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,779 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:26 PM

Many, many thanks to the huddlers that took the time to be at training camp and post about what they were seeing.

We all owe you.

Stop by one of the tailgates this season and I will pay that debt with a cold one.

#337 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

i agree. i was sold on his natural CB ability from watching him in the senior bowl. he could be a very nice UDFA grab. he's got really good instincts and he's a competitor. and from all accounts he is a bulldog in special teams play. that is the recipe for a roster spot to be sure.

Don't get me wrong, he does have holes in his game. His biggest being that he can be shy about contact, which sucks but is also something a lot of corners are known for.

However, I do think that he is a "natural talent" and that his measurables don't tell the story. I would be WAY more worried about Captain at #2 than Burney at #3 though.

#338 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,030 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

Im well pleased with today practice. Its only the first day of practice so everybody should just chill. Cam did well today and Jimmy did the same also. We should really look at this as the opportunity for the overall team to get better. Remember guys we have been on the bottom we have no were to go but up.

#339 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,639 posts

Many, many thanks to the huddlers that took the time to be at training camp and post about what they were seeing.

We all owe you.

Stop by one of the tailgates this season and I will pay that debt with a cold one.

What if we can't drink yet?

#340 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

After following this thread for a while, the player bias is simply hilarious. I'm not talking about those tweeting, they have been pretty fair. The peanut gallery though, might as well have hater and hugger tagged to their names.

#341 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,779 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

What if we can't drink yet?

That never stopped most of us in our past..:D

However, no underage drinking at the tailgates.

We will make up a special Buffalo Turd with a little Z for you. That should be to your liking.:eek:

#342 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,779 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

After following this thread for a while, the player bias is simply hilarious. I'm not talking about those tweeting, they have been pretty fair. The peanut gallery though, might as well have hater and hugger tagged to their names.

I know...it got quite annoying.

Cam has HUGE upside...but is going to take time.

Both the Huggers and Haters need to accept this fact.

#343 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,639 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

billvoth Bill Voth
Anderson running sprints post-practice with other 3 QBs. #Panthers

Nice to see Anderson already getting into the competition.

#344 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,639 posts

That never stopped most of us in our past..:D

However, no underage drinking at the tailgates.

We will make up a special Buffalo Turd with a little Z for you. That should be to your liking.:eek:

Hahaha, I'll pass.

#345 pdandy1994

pdandy1994

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

As a fan, I just want success for the franchise. Sure its frustrating when you have poor QB play, but I dont feel like Clausen was given a fair chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com