• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 jherald

jherald

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:55 AM

Great write up man! Much appreciated by us fans stuck over here in Cincinnati. Rep and pie given. Thanks.

#32 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,241 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:57 AM

Thanks for the write up. Nice stuff. You brought up a good point not being talked about.

E. Brown. I think we still need some DE talent. Who is going to get the reps across from Johnson? Brown just isn't panning out.

I know everyone hyped Hardy and he showed promise.....but it is very possible that a 2nd year player still is just best suited for spot duty.

If either gets dinged up....we are in a bad spot.

#33 SnarkAttack

SnarkAttack

Master of Disaster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:59 AM

Really disappointed on the news of Everette. I guess it's Greg Hardy, then.

I know - I keep hoping the lightbulb's going to come on but I think at this point the most we can hope for is a situational pass rusher.

#34 tattoorhino

tattoorhino

Follower of Christ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

I think your gonna see Eric Norwood start blitzing from the end position some and with the push in the middle we should be getting this year it will be exciting for sure, plus Hardy really is a beast.

#35 Sweeneyman

Sweeneyman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:12 AM

Excellent write up!!! Thanks for posting!!!

#36 BizEagle

BizEagle

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

"Ziembe #75 is as big an individual I have ever seen"
Saw this guy play at Auburn. That's a great description. Then when you hear him talk he has kind of a scary echo going on, like Andre the Giant(that Pro wrestler from about 20-30 years ago). Nice addition to the O-line. He plays with a really violent attitude. The coaches at Auburn had to calm him down a bit because he was injuring defensive players in practice. He loved to dish out pancake blocks and wrestle pass rushers to the ground. Cam called him "big nasty"

#37 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

re: the lack of hitting...just think of it this way.

the less hits they take/give out early on, the more they'll be able to take/give out later on...you know, when it actually matters.

you've got to take the long view with it. not only will it help lengthen careers and give them a better chance at a healthier post-NFL life, and take away an added risk of needless injury, it will help their energy level and health towards the end of the season.

save the damage for games.

#38 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

Really disappointed on the news of Everette. I guess it's Greg Hardy, then.

I've been saying this since we drafted him... he's too small for his position. He would make a better LB in a 3-4

#39 Edward Teach

Edward Teach

#PanthersMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

Was wondering about Fua as well...

#40 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

My thoughts on E. Brown is..if you are going to be an undersized DE you have to have a motor above and beyond a prototypical sized guy..right now i don't know if we've seen that drive to be the best from him.

#41 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,241 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

My thoughts on E. Brown is..if you are going to be an undersized DE you have to have a motor above and beyond a prototypical sized guy..right now i don't know if we've seen that drive to be the best from him.

yeah, if you are undersized in the NFL (regardless of position) you need a pretty big chip on your shoulder. Smitty and Capt both have what appear to really short fuses and attitude. Brown seems like the nicest guy on the team.

#42 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:07 PM

Very discouraging news regarding Brown. And to think we could of had Devin McCourty with the pick we gave up for him:(

#43 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,501 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for the good stuff, tatt!

Hate to hear the brown isn't stepping up. This could end up being his last season as a Panther.

#44 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,475 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

Sometimes thats not enough. Brown was in the right system for a Small DE last year and was underwhelming. This year I dont think it gets any better. The best thing we could do is move him out a few more feet and use him as a joker. He will never be worth what we gave up for him.

#45 PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme

The Greatest!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for the write-up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.