• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#136 brainless wuss

brainless wuss

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

Todays training camp thread is a much better read than yesterdays. Thanks.

#137 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,609 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

sry

#138 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

All in all I say the two did well today, but in different areas. As mention Clausen struggled with the sideline comeback and Newton needs to work on keeping the ball down and not leading the WR so much. Clausen needs to treat positional drills the same as 11-on-11's. He tends to go though the motions and not play at game speed. His passes were lazy early on and got crisper as the practice drew on. Those first few passes are I guess what people were refering to as horrible.

Edited by ncbobcat, 02 August 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#139 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

It sounded like yesterday he started weak and finished strong. I wonder if he is not taking the positional drills seriously enough, like you suggested. That might explain the difference.

#140 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:57 PM

It sounded like yesterday he started weak and finished strong. I wonder if he is not taking the positional drills seriously enough, like you suggested. That might explain the difference.

Could be, but if that is the case and I were Jimmy, getting outshined in the positional drills by a rookie wouldn't sit too well with me. In drills, Cam looked to be the better QB.

#141 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,279 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:15 PM

Could be, but if that is the case and I were Jimmy, getting outshined in the positional drills by a rookie wouldn't sit too well with me. In drills, Cam looked to be the better QB.

that speaks volumes....b/c this is Cam at his worst....and he already looks better than Clausen (2nd year player w/ 13 games and 10 NFL starts under his belt).

#142 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

I can't wait for Cam to go out in games and do these things Riv loves, and prove all these haters wrong. Still grasping for straws and he just keeps taking them away from you.

And the craziest thing, he's OUR QB, why wouldn't you want him to succeed? I TOLD YA'LL!!! We have a legit franchise QB for the first time ever, we have a right to sound like homers and be stoked.

Edited by Proudiddy, 02 August 2011 - 02:23 PM.

#143 2ManyH8rs

2ManyH8rs

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

How are any of UFA's doing out there? Ugo Chinasa, Kendric Burney, etc.

#144 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

that speaks volumes....b/c this is Cam at his worst....and he already looks better than Clausen (2nd year player w/ 13 games and 10 NFL starts under his belt).

And this is why everyone should be excited... Cam is a rookie, he's only gonna keep getting better. He had a lot of comparisons to Josh Freeman coming out, but he's ahead of Freeman so far.

I think he's gonna perform a lot more like Roethlisberger did his rookie year with more gamebreaking ability (and starting all 16 games).

#145 KARASMATIC444

KARASMATIC444

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

I'd like to see a poll with honest responses about who actually thought Armanti had a legitimate chance coming into this season to show any promise. I personally, had written him off. But he's showing life. No one would be honest though.

Im not an AE basher, cause i hardly bash anyone on our Team. However, I had somewhat written him off. and im still a skeptic. I will admit that.

#146 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

Ready to watch Killa Cam in preseason. With his natural ability I think bruh could be rookie of the year. Nice that's our staff wont discourage the fact he's a legit dual threat either

#147 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

And this is why everyone should be excited... Cam is a rookie, he's only gonna keep getting better. He had a lot of comparisons to Josh Freeman coming out, but he's ahead of Freeman so far.

I think he's gonna perform a lot more like Roethlisberger did his rookie year with more gamebreaking ability (and starting all 16 games).

Pure conjecture.

#148 Jpjr

Jpjr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

All in all I say the two did well today, but in different areas. As mention Clausen struggled with the sideline comeback and Newton needs to work on keeping the ball down and not leading the WR so much. Clausen needs to treat positional drills the same as 11-on-11's. He tends to go though the motions and not play at game speed. His passes were lazy early on and got crisper as the practice drew on. Those first few passes are I guess what people were refering to as horrible.

To expand on this...

1. What did each do really well in 11-11s? What did they do the worst?

2. How is accuracy for each? Who is more accurate right now under pressure?

3. Does the offense overall look far behind the defense?

4. Do Cam and Jimmy seem to be picking up the playbook?

5. Are both guys still telegraphing throws or actually going through some progressions?

Thanks

#149 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

Pure conjecture.

Ummm, yeah... this is a message board. Hence the use of "I think."

But, we're gaining a lot of evidence each practice supporting my idea that he's going to perform very well this year, even better than most people thought.

Why so negative?

#150 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

4. Cam knows 90% of the playbook, don't worry.

Edit: This was as of a few weeks ago, I'd assume it's near 95% now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.