#151 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

To expand on this...

1. What did each do really well in 11-11s? What did they do the worst?-Cam looked frazzled and Jimmy looked like the vet. Jimmy was the one throwing the darts and Cam's accuracy faded big time. Jimmy progressed through his reads calmly and hit his targets...even Smitty who made McClain (I think) look like a rag doll juking him not once, not twice, but three times for a TD.
2. How is accuracy for each? Who is more accurate right now under pressure?
-Jimmy's accuracy was off in the beginning with no zip and slightly behind his first couple targets. Cam was spot on and throwing darts. Again, outside of the 11-on-11 there was no D-line present nor O-line to throw over, just pitch and catch with WRs against DBs. Jimmy has to get in a rhythm on comeback routes...as noted earlier, he struggled today with that route. From what I saw today, Jimmy handles pressure better.
3. Does the offense overall look far behind the defense?
-I'm worried about the DBs, both QBs torched them all day long. Most incompletions were on the QB or WR and RARELY the efforts of the cover man. In the 11-on-11 the D-line generated decent pressure "sacking" Cam once. This drill was one of the shorter ones and to be honest, a lack of a full compliment of players, doesn't paint a complete picture for me. The offense looked to be slightly ahead of the defense. Take that with a grain of salt becasue the dogs aren't off the leash as of yet. They are still playing touch football outside of the trenches. The lines were the only ones hitting today.
4. Do Cam and Jimmy seem to be picking up the playbook?
In short yes. One of the last drills was simply at walk-through pace where a play was given and the WRs jogged their route. At this point Shula halted them and made the QB talk about his progressions. If I recall neither Jimmy nor Cam got corrected.
5. Are both guys still telegraphing throws or actually going through some progressions?
I hate to sound like a broken record but the 11-on-11's didn't last very long and only ran once. Both seemed to go though their progressions, although Jimmy looked calm in his reads and Cam couldn't see the forest for the trees.
Neither looked to be telegraphing their throws, but that could just be a reflecton of our DB play as well.

Edited by ncbobcat, 02 August 2011 - 02:55 PM.

#152 Jpjr

Jpjr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

1. What did each do really well in 11-11s? What did they do the worst?-Cam looked frazzled and Jimmy looked like the vet. Jimmy was the one throwing the darts and Cam's accuracy faded big time. Jimmy progressed through his reads calmly and hit his targets...even Smitty who made McClain (I think) look like a rag doll juking him not once, not twice, but three times for a TD.
2. How is accuracy for each? Who is more accurate right now under pressure?
-Jimmy's accuracy was off in the beginning with no zip and slightly behind his first couple targets. Cam was spot on and throwing darts. Again, outside of the 11-on-11 there was no D-line present nor O-line to throw over, just pitch and catch with WRs against DBs. Jimmy has to get in a rhythm on comeback routes...as noted earlier, he struggled today with that route. From what I saw today, Jimmy handles pressure better.
3. Does the offense overall look far behind the defense?
-I'm worried about the DBs, both QBs torched them all day long. Most incompletions were on the QB or WR and RARELY the efforts of the cover man. In the 11-on-11 the D-line generated decent pressure "sacking" Cam once. This drill was one of the shorter ones and to be honest, a lack of a full compliment of players, doesn't paint a complete picture for me. The offense looked to be slightly ahead of the defense. Take that with a grain of salt becasue the dogs aren't off the leash as of yet. They are still playing touch football outside of the trenches. The lines were the only ones hitting today.
4. Do Cam and Jimmy seem to be picking up the playbook?
In short yes. One of the last drills was simply at walk-through pace where a play was given and the WRs jogged their route. At this point Shula halted them and made the QB talk about his progressions. If I recall neither Jimmy nor Cam got corrected.
5. Are both guys still telegraphing throws or actually going through some progressions?
I hate to sound like a broken record but the 11-on-11's didn't last very long and only ran once. Both seemed to go though their progressions, although Jimmy looked calm in his reads and Cam couldn't see the forest for the trees.
Neither looked to be telegraphing their throws, but that could just be a reflecton of our DB play as well.

Thank you for the most informative and balanced training camp post thus far in 2011 (IMO). Very appreciated.

#153 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

Thank you for the most informative and balanced training camp post thus far in 2011 (IMO). Very appreciated.

You're welcome. I want the best QB on this team starting and where I or other fans have that guy PERSONALLY ranked, either first string or backup, shouldn't make a hill of beans.

#154 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,897 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

thanks for the writeup, ncbobcat. Quite a different feel from some of the individual one liners from people that made me think Clausen was just downright awful today most of the time. It is good to hear he is adjusting and able to handle pressure better as that wash is biggest issue last season. Let's hope it's something he can build on and do better, especially making quick reads and decisions.

Cam will come around if he keeps working at it.. He's going to need time. I would rather Clausen be good enough to hold him off at least at the start than have him suck so bad Cam is our best option, because I *personally* believe that a quarterback can learn a lot sitting for a little bit of time.

#155 jherald

jherald

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

thanks for the writeup, ncbobcat. Quite a different feel from some of the individual one liners from people that made me think Clausen was just downright awful today most of the time. It is good to hear he is adjusting and able to handle pressure better as that wash is biggest issue last season. Let's hope it's something he can build on and do better, especially making quick reads and decisions.

Cam will come around if he keeps working at it.. He's going to need time. I would rather Clausen be good enough to hold him off at least at the start than have him suck so bad Cam is our best option, because I *personally* believe that a quarterback can learn a lot sitting for a little bit of time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

I'm a huge Cam fan but I don't care which QB does it, I want a superbowl dammit. We deserve it.

#156 Jpjr

Jpjr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

The thing with the tweets is that Cam homers are only outnumbered by Clausen haters. Clausen is even getting booed at practice by "fans".

#157 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

I am wondering is Adams out there getting some reps in?

And about the Jimmy haters, they have a right to hate on him. They are disgruntled about last season, so it is understandable. Jimmy just needs to put that behind him and worry about the future, and focus on the important things.

#158 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

I'm a huge Cam fan but I don't care which QB does it, I want a superbowl dammit. We deserve it.

No one deserves a superbowl...they are won.

#159 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

The thing with the tweets is that Cam homers are only outnumbered by Clausen haters. Clausen is even getting booed at practice by "fans".

Go out there and show them who is boss.

They won't boo if they know you are his dad

Maybe they will

#160 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

that speaks volumes....b/c this is Cam at his worst....and he already looks better than Clausen (2nd year player w/ 13 games and 10 NFL starts under his belt).

How is Cam at his worst doing positional drills? What has he been doing since February?

Cam at his worst will be when the complexity of the offense is dropped on his shoulders prematurely, which is what most people want. No OTA, no supervsed summer-there is no way he is ready. Sure he is a great athlete, but many of you think that is enough. It is like thinking Superman can beat someone at chess because he is awesome.

For everyone booing Clausen and bashing him at every turn--you are hurting the team. It gets to him and it impacts him. Get off his ass and hope he gets better, idiots!

#161 jherald

jherald

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

No one deserves a superbowl...they are won.

Agreed wholeheartedly. However, I was referring to the fans and the city of Charlotte. I think we deserve a little ring to keep us content.

The only problem is that we'll probably get greedy and want another one. Damn Fans are never happy. ;)

#162 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

Still disagree

#163 Jpjr

Jpjr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

Go out there and show them who is boss.

They won't boo if they know you are his dad

Maybe they will

If I am Jimmy's dad and you are his bi*ch... what would that make us?

#164 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

wait why am I jimmy's bitch?

And if this scenario were true, that would make you my golden ticket

You'd probably pay to surround me with every advantage in life even though I'm some dumpster slut and you'd pay to get me on the cover of allure magazine and I'd become the new Kim Kardashian until everyone realized I'm a talentless nobody and I would move back home and live off my parents forever.

#165 Jpjr

Jpjr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:59 PM

wait why am I jimmy's bitch?

And if this scenario were true, that would make you my golden ticket

You'd probably pay to surround me with every advantage in life even though I'm some dumpster slut and you'd pay to get me on the cover of allure magazine and I'd become the new Kim Kardashian until everyone realized I'm a talentless nobody and I would move back home and live off my parents forever.

i don't know why you are. you seem to love that golden arm though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com