All in all I say the two did well today, but in different areas. As mention Clausen struggled with the sideline comeback and Newton needs to work on keeping the ball down and not leading the WR so much. Clausen needs to treat positional drills the same as 11-on-11's. He tends to go though the motions and not play at game speed. His passes were lazy early on and got crisper as the practice drew on. Those first few passes are I guess what people were refering to as horrible.
To expand on this...
1. What did each do really well in 11-11s? What did they do the worst?
2. How is accuracy for each? Who is more accurate right now under pressure?
3. Does the offense overall look far behind the defense?
4. Do Cam and Jimmy seem to be picking up the playbook?
5. Are both guys still telegraphing throws or actually going through some progressions?