Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dems' targeting of Limbaugh

116 posts in this topic

Posted

Or conviction. For example, not once, then or since, has he backed down from his comments about Donovan McNabb while at espn. Nor should he.

the only conviction he has is making sure he's getting paid.

Posted

Or conviction. For example, not once, then or since, has he backed down from his comments about Donovan McNabb while at espn. Nor should he.

Wow.

Posted

This is going to backfire on the dems big time.

As long as they demonize him from a distance, all will be fine. If they keep it in the news, people will get curious and actually listen. All the haters that have never listened to him will start to listen and many will find out they actually agree. They will be more educated on the governments other "side", the one the media does not protray.

In the end, it will be the dems that lose support, not Rush.

Get your popcorn, it's gonna be a show.

Posted

Wow.

What he said was absolutely right. He didn't say Donovan McNabb was a lesser quarterback because he is black. He said he was given the benefit of the doubt and his weaknesses, such as his stunning inaccuracy, were overlooked by a liberal media hoping for him to succeed. I worked at a newspaper. I can tell you that newspaper editors, even in the sports department, are among the most liberal people in the world. Rush nailed it.

Posted

Lots of QBs that are white are given the same consideration based on their known positives vs. their weaknesses. Ours, for example.

FYI - the media does not pick who is quarterbacking the Eagles.

Posted

What he said was absolutely right. He didn't say Donovan McNabb was a lesser quarterback because he is black. He said he was given the benefit of the doubt and his weaknesses, such as his stunning inaccuracy, were overlooked by a liberal media hoping for him to succeed. I worked at a newspaper. I can tell you that newspaper editors, even in the sports department, are among the most liberal people in the world. Rush nailed it.

teh librul sports media?

Posted

This is a major dissapointment. A president attacking a radio talk show has got to be a sign of imaturaturity. If not that, it's even worse and scary, trying to silence the opposition. I heard Rush invite Obama on his show today. That'll never happen. Obama would walk out of that interview with his ass in his hands.

Posted

I actually admire the man. He has gone out on his own and hit it big. Good for him. Do I believe in everything he might say...No. But I give him great credit for saying what he feels and sticking too it (for 20 yrs.). One thing a lot of people don't know about Rush (because they don't listen to him) is that he attacks absurdity by being absurd. He's not 100% serious...he's an entertainer. I guess this situation with Rush and the Obama people is just another example of them calling out a private citizen they happen to disagree with. Who's next?

Posted

teh librul sports media?

That was my experience, yes. Annoyingly so.

Posted

Okay, you take care of Olbermann, I'll get Limbaugh. Deal?

Sorry not a Dem but I'll see what I can do.

Posted

I actually admire the man. He has gone out on his own and hit it big. Good for him. Do I believe in everything he might say...No. But I give him great credit for saying what he feels and sticking too it (for 20 yrs.). One thing a lot of people don't know about Rush (because they don't listen to him) is that he attacks absurdity by being absurd. He's not 100% serious...he's an entertainer. I guess this situation with Rush and the Obama people is just another example of them calling out a private citizen they happen to disagree with. Who's next?

Oh, I listened to him for many years. I agree that his job is to get everyone riled up and still listening, but I'd say he's at least 85 percent serious, mostly because his base audience is too dumb to get the joke so he has to keep them interested.

Posted

Oh, I listened to him for many years. I agree that his job is to get everyone riled up and still listening, but I'd say he's at least 85 percent serious, mostly because his base audience is too dumb to get the joke so he has to keep them interested.

Who's audience isn't? Have you ever read the football forum on this board?