#46 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Limbaugh said he felt that McNabb was overrated even when the team was winning. I'm sorry, but I agree. And if McNabb comes out and wins a Super Bowl, THEN I'll change my mind about him. Just like I did with Elway and Manning. And yes, I held the "no Super Bowl win" thing against Marino and still do, quite frankly.

So Marino wasnt an elite QB because he never won a Super Bowl? Are Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, and Mark Rypien elite HOFers because they did? Super Bowl wins are a TEAM accomplishment. If McNabb did win a Super Bowl I doubt you'd change your mind, you would just as easily credit the defense for the win. Obama won the Presidency and the trust of the American people, has that stopped you from disliking him? LOL.

#47 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

So Marino wasnt an elite QB because he never won a Super Bowl? Are Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, and Mark Rypien elite HOFers because they did? Super Bowl wins are a TEAM accomplishment. If McNabb did win a Super Bowl I doubt you'd change your mind, you would just as easily credit the defense for the win. Obama won the Presidency and the trust of the American people, has that stopped you from disliking him? LOL.

Obama is a piece of poo. And worse, he's a piece of poo who thinks he's all that. I am proud that the Republican Party has a black leader right now. I would gladly support Alan Keyes if he was our President because we share the same views. But of course I hate Obama because he is black. I don't care to argue with you. It's the same poo over and over.

For the record, Limbaugh didn't say that McNabb sucks. He just said overrated.

#48 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,968 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:50 PM

Why is Rush getting so much attention? Is he running for something?

#49 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,392 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:50 PM

Rush only said basically that the media coverage of McNabb was more than the actual abilities of the QB rated.

If Jake and McNabb for instance were of the same abilities and disabilities, McNabb would get twice the media coverage. That is basically what Rush was saying. He never said anything like he was stupid or anything. Most of that comes from MB's. Course not here.

#50 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:04 PM

Rush only said basically that the media coverage of McNabb was more than the actual abilities of the QB rated.

If Jake and McNabb for instance were of the same abilities and disabilities, McNabb would get twice the media coverage. That is basically what Rush was saying. He never said anything like he was stupid or anything. Most of that comes from MB's. Course not here.

So basically Rush was saying McNabb is overrated because he's black and the media wants a black QB to succeed desperately despite the fact he had just been in an NFC championship and went to the pro bowl. Being that Don's the best black QB of this generation and arguably of all time, I guess we could conclude all black QBs are overrated.

#51 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

So basically Rush was saying McNabb is overrated because he's black and the media wants a black QB to succeed desperately despite the fact he had just been in an NFC championship and went to the pro bowl. Being that Don's the best black QB of this generation and arguably of all time, I guess we could conclude all black QBs are overrated.

KT, do you REALLY believe he's the best black QB of all time? Better than Williams? Better than Moon?

#52 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,392 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

I think he has a ways to go to catch Moon and McNair

#53 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 16,001 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

What I love is how "absolute" things are when it comes to black QBs. There's no grey area, its all black & white. Donovan lost a Super Bowl game by 3 points and "he doesnt have it" and will never get it done.

What if people were saying that today about Jake?
Hey wait a second, that's you.

Patriots 32, Panthers 29 :D

#54 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

I think he has a ways to go to catch Moon and McNair

I think if Moon or McNair or Williams were in McNabb's situation they all would have won a Super Bowl by now.

#55 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:23 PM

KT, do you REALLY believe he's the best black QB of all time? Better than Williams? Better than Moon?

Hell yes. Only reason those guys get their nuts blown so much NOW is because they are no longer active. If they were, people would root against them just like they do McNabb, Vick, Culpepper, -insert any highly touted highly paid black NFL QB here. I remember when both of em played. Moon was considered a choker and he was never regarded as good as Marino or Elway or Montana. He was a great passer, but he was not a winner (as his sub .500 playoff record shows). Doug Wiliams won the Super Bowl but was benched in favor of Mark Rypien the following year. His career stats and winning percentage leaves alot to be desired. He had spurts of greatness in his career, but nothing as consistent and steady as McNabb has had for the past decade.

Any black QB who comes in highly touted, highly paid, and given the keys to the car off the bat will always be potrayed as either incompetent or a villain. We can go down the line. McNabb, Vick, Culpepper, Vince Young. Franchise black QBs are the devil.

#56 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:28 PM

What if people were saying that today about Jake?
Hey wait a second, that's you.

Patriots 32, Panthers 29 :D

Id give Jake the benefit of the doubt too if he took us to 5 NFC championships and had been to 5 pro bowls.

#57 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 16,001 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:30 PM

Id give Jake the benefit of the doubt too if he took us to 5 NFC championships and had been to 5 pro bowls.

Damn you! :D

Using logic again.

#58 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:32 PM

Why is Rush getting so much attention?

Obama has him on a hit list. Stupid.

#59 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:46 PM

Hell yes. Only reason those guys get their nuts blown so much NOW is because they are no longer active. If they were, people would root against them just like they do McNabb, Vick, Culpepper, -insert any highly touted highly paid black NFL QB here. I remember when both of em played. Moon was considered a choker and he was never regarded as good as Marino or Elway or Montana. He was a great passer, but he was not a winner (as his sub .500 playoff record shows). Doug Wiliams won the Super Bowl but was benched in favor of Mark Rypien the following year. His career stats and winning percentage leaves alot to be desired. He had spurts of greatness in his career, but nothing as consistent and steady as McNabb has had for the past decade.

Any black QB who comes in highly touted, highly paid, and given the keys to the car off the bat will always be potrayed as either incompetent or a villain. We can go down the line. McNabb, Vick, Culpepper, Vince Young. Franchise black QBs are the devil.

I liked Warren Moon. I always felt sorry for him because he wasted so many years of his career in the CFL and then he gets to the NFL and has to play that BS Run-and-Shoot crap when he gets there. Doug Williams wasted all of those years in Tampa. McNair would have been one of my favorite QBs if he didn't cost me 10 years of my life in the fourth quarter of the Titans/Rams SB. Loved Randall but thought he was overrated just like McNabb (maybe I just don't like the Eagles)

Never liked Vick...especially not now. Disappointed in Young.

#60 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:04 PM

franchise black QBs are the devil? haha yea right

There is no evidence to support this argument. They sell tons of jerseys, are usually very popular, get lots of endorsements and sell tons of tickets

are they criticized? sure, so are most starting QBs. Especially popular ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.