Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Foley

America is the greatest country in the world because...

48 posts in this topic

if the US didn't exist she would be naked.

Nope... she'd be dead, speaking german or wearing a burqa...

The UK for sure.

I don't know, the UK is pretty great, but what makes it more diverse than say, New York City or San Francisco?

Nope... she'd be dead, speaking german or wearing a burqa...

or wearing a headdress, surrounded by buffalo and trippin balls on peyote.

or wearing a headdress, surrounded by buffalo and trippin balls on peyote.

Good point... maybe she would be nekkid that way... :D

Take away the military influence and we are just like any other country. Other nations are more diverse, other nations have better business environments, other nations have better weather (though America is so big thats not really debatable), and other nations have far more "social conscience" than we do.

Damn..this place sucks.

and other nations have far more "social conscience" than we do.

I talked to a guy from germany a few weeks ago and he said that the thing he liked the most about america is that it was the most tolerant place he had ever been.

Pretty good for a guy who's visiting the south, hm? Makes you wonder... is the south more tolerant than the rest of the country or is europe less tolerant than people make it out to be?

I talked to a guy from germany a few weeks ago and he said that the thing he liked the most about america is that it was the most tolerant place he had ever been.

Pretty good for a guy who's visiting the south, hm? Makes you wonder... is the south more tolerant than the rest of the country or is europe less tolerant than people make it out to be?

the latter.

My thoughts exactly.

It's easy for Europeans to portray being more tolerant because they don't have to go out and prove it everyday.

I don't know, the UK is pretty great, but what makes it more diverse than say, New York City or San Francisco?

I thought this was about nations, not cities...If we compared New York City and London, for example, I might give New York City the edge.