Photo
- - - - -

America is the greatest country in the world because...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#31 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

I thought this was about nations, not cities...If we compared New York City and London, for example, I might give New York City the edge.

What about Houston? Miami? Los Angeles? San Francisco? Spartanburg?

#32 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

When people talk about how tolerant Europeans are I always think of how black players get treated at soccer matches. They throw bananas, batteries and harass them in every possible way. They make Eagles fans look like they are at a elementary school play.

#33 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,988 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

I will have to look up this blog but the writer made some great points on this very topic.
He talked about in Europe many from the Middle East can go right back home realtively easy, thus they don't fully assimilate into the Euro culture. And vice versa.
Also he mentioned the social umbrella that is in Eurpope and immigrants to any part of Europe are not as ambitious as the ones that make it to the States because those that come here know on some level a free ride is not there(contrary to popular belieft) and they also realize the vast potential for hitting it big.
Hands down the US is more diverse.
I can go to any mall in Charlotte and with ease see people from all over the world without blinking.

One last thing I think that sets us apart is our DNA for business and innovation. Its simply expected. We are not afraid to fall on our faces. The Euro's can't grasp this.
The Black Swan delves nicely into this as well.

#34 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

I thought this was about nations, not cities...If we compared New York City and London, for example, I might give New York City the edge.

Sorry, lazy post on my part. When we started talking about diversity I went straight to the big cities. I was too lazy to type out Glasgow, London, Edinburgh, etc. in comparison to NYC, SF, LA, Spartanburg, etc. My bad.

#35 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

When people talk about how tolerant Europeans are I always think of how black players get treated at soccer matches. They throw bananas, batteries and harass them in every possible way. They make Eagles fans look like they are at a elementary school play.

European soccer fans in general make Eagles fans look like they are at a school play.

South American fans take it to the next level.

#36 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

The UK for sure.

According to the CIA world factbook, the UK is 92% white. Or do you consider having Irish and Scottish to be diverse?

#37 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:20 AM

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcz_NHAFGS0"][/ame]

Good time to post this vid. Even includes a reference to the Janet Jackson boob exposure at the Panther Super Bowl half time show.

Edited by TruthVsComfort, 05 March 2009 - 01:27 AM.

#38 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:56 AM

Maher's show would be so much better if he didnt have that Oprah-like crowd

#39 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:52 AM

........if you just don't want to work, you don't have to. You will be taken care of.

#40 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:39 AM

Maher's show would be so much better if he didnt have that Oprah-like crowd

Maher's show would be much better if Maher wasn't doing it.

#41 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:06 AM

My island off the coast of south america is a pretty great country. Bikini tops are banned, no taxes, and an endless supply of women making sammiches.

#42 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:53 AM

Maher's show would be much better if Maher wasn't doing it.

:iagree:

#43 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

I think it is just a really great TIME to be alive.

Whether you are here, the UK, Canada, France, South America.....
Relatively speaking, things are good.
No world wars, food is pretty abundant (not everywhere, but in most places mentioned as contenders for "#1" it is), and you can have an opinion in these places without someone knocking on your door late at night to take you away.

When I think back to my parent's time, I realize that they had it sh*tty because my dad got drafted and you couldn't escape the hippies. They smell bad.
My grandparents had a depression and a world war.
Their parents came over from Europe where the first world war made things scary, we didn't even have a clue about antibiotics, and people just tried to survive the next political upheaval.

Before that, the plague, persecution.....death around every corner.

I mostly complain about today's crappy music and the fact that I can't get a plumber to come out until next week.

#44 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:13 PM

I mostly complain about today's crappy music and the fact that I can't get a plumber to come out until next week.

Can the plumber do anything about the crappy music?

#45 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:23 PM

Can the plumber do anything about the crappy music?

The plumber is necessary to unstop the toilet he just flushed the crappy music down. :)

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com